You, Me, Us

You, Me, Us

A Poem by KATHY SUE SILLS
"

Husband and wife start a life together enjoying each other, somewhere along the way she's forgotten.

"

 

Our lives together used to be concrete,

but now there is something different.

We used to sit for hours and talk  about

you, me, us.

Somewhere along the way your disposition

changed on life, now what used to be you,

me, us, is only you.

 

Knowledge tells me that I'm lost and forgotten.

Your arrogance has caused so much pain,

but your too blind to see it.

I reflect on days that we used to share.

The laughter, fun ,the us is gone,eliminated

from your life.

We're only mere acquaintances.

 

Sacrifice has been apart of me for so long.

I loved you, and wanted to save us, but can't.

There is no us, only you.

I'm only an illusion in your eyes.

 

I'm spiritless, lost, uncertain, battered and

bruised from falling in the darkness,

trying to find me.

In order to find me I have to say goodbye

to you, so it can be about me.

 

 

 

© 2010 KATHY SUE SILLS


Author's Note

KATHY SUE SILLS
Hope you enjoy! I read and read to catch mistake, if I missed some feel free to point out! Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow, sadness. Good Job. I apologize for the extra long wait. You weren't forgotten; I've just been extremely busy trying to graduate.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sooner or later when a affair is one sided. One will run away. Great story and description in the poem. I like the ending to the poem. A outstanding poem. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Powerful. People always say love is a two way street, so when one way closes off you know it's time to go. No need to let yourself be trampled over for the sake of being with someone who clearly doesn't care anymore. Seems like the you, me, us became me, me, and I.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow, this was sad, yet full of strength..love that last stanza...great write...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great Write! I see relationships like this, at first we are happy to be with someone, they are the most important thing in our lives, as time goes on we get caught up in our little lives and we slowly drift apart.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I’m bad myself when it comes to grammar but as far as I can see you’ve done a great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


heartfelt; creative and emotional. a bit on the blaming side but it drove the point that two did not feel whole with and without the us...

Posted 13 Years Ago


You're not having to rhyme in any of your writings lol, it still comes out well written and tells a compelling short short story, this one of love and loss. Its told truthfully too.

good job^

-Dream

Posted 13 Years Ago


These circumstances happen so often in real love relationships, but I am a firm believer that it is never one sided, something happens that provokes each of them, and the only way to try and be happy again is to part ways. Sometimes this sparks a wake up call and other times it is just an end.
This is written very well.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Direct and powerful poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

664 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 11, 2010
Last Updated on December 13, 2010
Tags: Husband, Wife, Lives, Togetherness

Author

KATHY SUE SILLS
KATHY SUE SILLS

Harrisville, MS



About
check out! www.facebook.com/twinoneandtwintwo Hello writercafe friends. I've been on this site for a few years! I stopped writing for a while, and trying to get back into it! When I joined this sit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Last Waltz The Last Waltz

A Poem by Muse