The Red Book

The Red Book

A Story by Masaking
"

Thousand years ago there was a terrible samurai got sealed into a book. Whoever reads the spell, the samurai will not only kill that person, he will destory the person's surrounding.

"

Jake, time to eat,” said Jake’s mother.

Alright, I’ll be down there in a sec. After I finish this book,” he answered.

Jake was a smart boy in high school. He loved to read different kinds of books. Every time he reads books, he scrutinizes them. His mother wanted him to go out and play with his friends, but he’s too busy. Right now, he had four shelves and they’re all full of books. Soon he’ll have more.

Jake come down to eat, and stop reading!” his mother yelled.

Jake went down and walked straight to the dinner table.

After you finish eating, I want you to go out and play with your friends or go out and take a walk,” said his mother.

Jake whined, “But I want to read.”

Jake was upset when his mother told him not to read.

Mom I’m going to take a walk!” he yelled.

Mom said, “Walk safe.”

Jake walked across a short ramp. “This is so… boring. I wish I could stay home and read my books, and do whatever I want. But that’s not going to happen if mom is here.” He was daydreaming; suddenly he bumped into a garbage can and fell over. He got up quickly and saw an old box with a chain and a lock. He was wondered what was in the box. He shook it and heard something inside. He picked up a rock to hit the lock. The lock broke and he slowly opened the box. He picked it up to see what was inside. There was a red book that smelled like metal. “Cool, free book. Why does it smell like metal? Oh well, who cares. The first thing I’m going to do when I get home is to read this red book.”

“I’m home!” he yelled. But nobody answered. He walked to the kitchen looking for his mom but all he saw was a note on the kitchen table.


Dear Jake,


I’m out to do some business. The food is in the refrigerator. I’ll be back in two or three days. Be good and don’t stay up too late.

Love, mom


Ugh, not again. Oh well, I have the coolest book and I’m going to read it, right now.”

Before he even opened the book, he knew that there was something mysterious about it. He took a deep breath and opened the book. It was blank. Suddenly, a wind blew through his window and surprised him. He closed his window and went back to the book, realizing it wasn’t blank anymore. He read the first sentence.

Darkness of Demon, I’m calling you out, come to my world. Destroy whomever I love the most. I’ll kill whoever sets me free. My name is Hayashi! Prepare yourself. The end of the world is come!!!



Gasping, Jake quickly closed the book; the book suddenly started to glow with black light. The room shook; the glowing light went straight out of the window. Jake’s heart was pumping as fast as a drum. His eyes opened wide with fright; he couldn’t move his body. He was too frightened to move.

What have I done?” he asked out loud.


The next morning, Jake was in math class, still thinking about what he had done last night. Mr. Noble, the math teacher, asked Jake to solve a problem.

Jake! Jake!” the teacher yelled.

What?” said Jake, quickly turned to Mr. Noble.

What are you daydreaming about? Solve this problem?” he yelled.

X = 8,” Jake replied.

Ugh… That’s correct Mr. Smarty-pants.” Mr. Noble didn’t like Jake very much, because he was so smart.

After school, Jake and his friends were walking home together. They were chatting with each other except for Jake.

Hey, Jake why are you so quiet today? It’s not like you” Stephanie asked.

Jake was looking at the sky, when he heard Stephanie speak. He quickly turned to her. “It’s nothing,” he replied.

They walked toward a short ramp. As they were crossing, Jake stopped all of a sudden. He dropped his backpack on the ground; his eyes grew wide. It looked like he had seen a ghost. Frankie stopped and asked, “Hey, what’s wrong, why are you stepping back?”

Jake pointed his finger toward the front. He said with a shaky voice,

Its H…aya…shi…”

Frankie looked up and asked, “Who?”

Jake didn’t say anything. He was too frightened and ran off.

Frankie called, “JAKE wait!” as they chased after him.

Hayashi smiled and left.

Jake ran into a forest where Hayashi couldn’t find him. “Jake, what’s the matter?” asked Stephanie.

Jake stopped in the middle of the path. He shook with fear.

Jake what’s up with you all of a sudden?” asked Frankie.

Jake began to tell his story about last night.

Last night, I read a book; a red book I thought it would be fun to read a scary book, but when I read the first sentence of the book…”

I was so afraid and today after school, I saw him when we were crossing the ramp. I don’t know why you guys didn’t see him; I felt like I was the only one who could see him.”

Frankie laughed, “Jake, you read too many of books. You should be relaxed. Be cool man.”

Jake grabbed Frank’s shirt and yelled, “No, you don’t understand. This is serious, I’m not joking!” he pushed Frankie to the ground.

Stephanie, open my bag and take out the red book,” he said.

Is it this one you were talking about?” she took it out.

Yes,” he said.

Let me see,” asked Frankie.

Frankie opened the book, but he saw nothing.

Jake, are you sure this is the right book? There’s nothing written in this book.”

Jake said, “What? Give me that” he grabbed the book. “What are you talking about? I can see the words. They’re right here.” he pointed with his finger.

Stephanie said, “Jake, there are no words in this book”

Jake’s eyes widened. He thought everybody could see the words in the book, but he was wrong.

He stepped back, “Stephanie, Frankie I need to go, I think today is the last day I’ll be hanging out with you guys. Bye. I’m the only one that can stop this,” he left.

Frankie said, “I’ll call you.”

Later, Jake spoke up from him in the phone.

Are you sure you weren’t dreaming?” asked Frankie.

Of course, I’m positive,” said Jake.

So, do you want to come over to my house and play some video games?” said Jake.

Sure.” Frankie suddenly heard someone broke in downstairs. “Wait, I think I heard something from downstairs. Let me go check it out.” Frank held onto the phone and slowly went down the stairs to the kitchen.

He turned on the light and was shocked that tons of knives on the floor and everything a mess. Then he heard someone behind him. He turned around but nobody was there. He could feel someone in front of him.

Quickly grabbing a bottle of soda, he shook it. He opened it and spread it on the person in front of him. Frank gasped and stepped back. “JAKE HE’S HERE!

Jake said, “Who?”

HAYASHI! Help… (Wants the air).” The phone dropped to the ground. Jake was trying to talk to Frankie but he wouldn’t answer. “FRANK! FRANK! YOU THERE? ANSWER ME!!!” he yelled.


The next day Jake and Stephanie saw an ambulance in front of Frank’s house. Stephanie cried and hugged Jake. Jake said, “It’s all my fault. I shouldn’t have told you and Frank about the red book. Now it’s too late. I think the next victim is you, Stephanie.” Stephanie looked at him and said, “No.” She cried. “I don’t want to die now. I’m too young.” She cried. Jake said, “Calm down. I’ll risk my life to protect you, cause I’m the only hope.”

Jake went home and rushed to his room quickly opening his closet to get his entire weapons collection. He realized he couldn’t use anything that was there. He sat down. “Oh, man, what should I do?”, he looked at his closet a moment. Suddenly he got an idea. “I can just call my teammates and they will help me. After all, I’m their captain.”

Stephanie was in her room, sitting on the bed, waiting for Jake to come. It was raining and she was shaking and fearful. Her heart was bumping really fast; as she sighed She looked around to make sure there was no one there. (The doorbell rang.) She opened the door to see Hayashi standing there. “I deliver bad luck.”

She screamed and shut the door. “Oh come on.” He sliced the door in half and ran after her.

Jake found his teammates and explained everything to them about Hayashi. They understood what their captain was saying. They brought weapons on their way. When they got there, they saw the door had been sliced open. “Oh no! I am too late.” Suddenly he heard Stephanie screaming. It was for coming from her room. Everyone charged. When Jake opened her bedroom door he saw Hayashi going towards Stephanie, arms above his head. Suddenly Jake yelled, “How dare you? Everyone fire!”

Hayashi turned around and everyone fired at him with guns. He fell to the ground with holes in his body.

Stephanie ran to Jake’s side. Everyone thought Hayashi was dead but he slowly stood up. “What the heck!”

Hey! Look up!” yelled Jake, throwing the red book at Hayashi. It landed on his body, stuck there. Hayashi says, “Can’t move!” At that moment Jake took Hayashi’s sword and stabbed straight through the red book and through Hayashi. Hayashi screamed and he disappeared into the book.

“I’m never, ever, going to read a single book again!” yelled Jake.

You did well Jake?”

Jake turned around. He has heard this voice somewhere before. It was Frankie standing behind him.

F-Frankie.”

Yo~” he said and waved.

Frankie hadn’t died because the ambulance had come just in time, right after Hayashi had punched him. He had called 911 to come and get him. Jake and Stephanie were very glad that their friend was okay.

So, what happened before, between you and Hayashi?” asked Jake.

Oh it was nothing…” He told them everything.


© 2010 Masaking


Author's Note

Masaking
History background
Long ago there was a legend of a demon named Hayashi. He was a murderer who took the Demon Wakizashi sword from the guardian of God’s temple. The sword was very powerful and it observes humans souls to gain energy.

There was a man named Kizumi who worked under his empire. He spent his life studying tactics of sealing demons.. He wrote seal spells in a white book. Kizumi captured Hayashi and sealed him in the book and the book changed from white to red; it also smelled like iron. It was Hayashi’s blood. Kizumi told everyone in town that he sealed Hayashi in the book. In his last speech he said, ‘whoever opens this cursed, red book would have to take the responsibility to seal him back. If not, nobody can. Not even your closest friends or family.’

After that ended, Hayashi has been sealed so long that he wrote a spell on his own well, that whomever reads it. He will be able to escape from the book.



My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on February 26, 2010
Last Updated on February 26, 2010

Author

Masaking
Masaking

Poughkeepsie, NY



About
Am back and alive! This account had been discovered since I was in middle school. Back then, writing fiction stories were the only things that brought happiness to myself. It was the only thing I .. more..

Writing
Silence Drops Silence Drops

A Story by Masaking