A man of the road

A man of the road

A Story by Richard Hoover

I saw man today dragging his things along the highway he walked in a crooked way almost being pushed by a force or maybe it was the familiar way he got used to being thrown away. He would stop maybe out of exhaustion or maybe he thought or his action would make a car stop and take him far away from this cold unforgiving place but when he turned and I saw his face it was worn and beaten but he held a smile.I guess after miles of walking that's the easiest thing to carry.So as I turned to walk away from this man because I guess I had better things to do like get a gift for a girl and as I walked my mind would go over that man again and again.Did that man lose everything or did he have nothing to begin with. I wondered as I walked into the store and looked over the shelfs "oh there's a sale" such silly things we celebrate. And my mind drifted back to the man who's walked that freeway side.We celebrate the stupidest things.Why should I care about a sale when there's a man with a untold tale on a path that leads nowhere near here.A lost moment a lost piece of pure human emotion.Due to a man to busy in the commotion of a job well paid.Or maybe someone picked up that man.What if someone heard his tale of despair or they tossed it out the window. For a man who carries his life in a bag can offer very little proof besides scars.And scars are so easily covered by new ones.

© 2016 Richard Hoover


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on May 26, 2016
Last Updated on May 26, 2016

Author

Richard Hoover
Richard Hoover

Tumwater, WA



About
I write a lot of random stuff honestly I would love to think I'm good but I'm pretty bad. more..

Writing