Jordan - A Description

Jordan - A Description

A Story by emma
"

For a contest.

"

Jordan. Female. Love interest: Beef. Oh, yeah, that’s right. Beef. 

 

She’s a total tomboy. She throws her hair in a sloppy ponytail every morning, she wears old tattered jeans and her ratty t-shirts all have stains and paint splatters on them. She wears an old army jacket that her father gave her before he died.  She has chestnut brown hair, and chocolaty brown eyes. Her skin is tanned, and there is always dirt and grime under her uncut fingernails. She enjoys bullying people, and putting people down, almost as much as she enjoys using her fists to pound someone’s face into the dirt.

 

Although she emanates a tough-girl on the outside, she really does have a sensitive inside. She lost her father in a brutal murder, leaving her alone with her depressed mother and three brothers. All of whom hate bathing. All she really wants is to be one of the girls, but that’s not what going to happen. It just won’t.

 

In this story she would be considered a “bad” character.

 

***

 

Jordan stares at her reflection in the dusty bathroom mirror. She swipes at the dust particles, hoping that once she wipes away the dirt a beautiful girl with blonde hair who wears lip gloss will appear. But when the dust is gone, only she is there. Ugly old Jordan.

 

“C’mon, Jordy, we need to leave!” Kyle, one of the devils she must call “brother”, called from outside the bathroom door.

 

She sighed, and shoved her way out of the bathroom, down the stairs and out the front door, Kyle in tow. She detachedly waved goodbye to her two other younger brothers who didn’t attend high school yet as she headed outside.

 

 

When they got to school, Jordan made Kyle get out of the car five minutes before she would. She could not be seen with her scrawny little brother. When the bell rang and she was gathering her things from the backseat, she noticed Chester walk by. He had his arm slung around some skinny, bouncing blonde�"Kate, or Cathy or something�"and she felt an obvious stab of jealousy. She wanted to be as pretty as Kate/Cathy. Why couldn’t she be pretty too?

 

But it wasn’t like Chester was too much of a prize. He was an arrogant jerk, and he was always picking on this one kid named Eli. He didn’t even do anything. Jordan only picked on kids who deserved it, for calling her names or for making fun of her weight.  Which was often.

 

Chester was just that one guy everyone knew, but hated. But Jordan couldn’t help but long for him. He was popular and well known, so if they dated, she’d be well known and popular, too.

 

She shook her head, banishing the delirious thoughts. Maybe if she lost weight he’d notice her . . .

 

Probably not. She was a nobody, a loser.

 

But a girl could hope, right? 

© 2011 emma


Author's Note

emma
Okay, for a contest. My friend Bitter is having a contest (check it out!) and i wrote this for it. i won't be keeping it, because it's a "character" contest, so if i win, this character will be feautured in her book, "Violet Eyes." so it's not really neccessary to keep it. review if you want, but i'd rather you reviewed anotehr piece of my writing. preferably my book, Ghombie Whisperer. have a nice day! enter her contest!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

1: she is a tad bit overweight, but not so much that she's obese. just chubby. but it's noticable to other students, which is why she beats them into the dirt.
2: sure, she can be tall.
3: thoughts on Eli . . . well, she doesn't really know him. she has nothing against him, and she finds Beef's feud with him stupid, but if Beef were to ask her to hate him, she probably would.

hope that helps.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Questions for when I write:
By "lose some weight" d you mean she is fat, or she thinks she's fat, but actually isn't?
Also, Is she tall?
Also, what are her opinions on Eli?
(These questions are stupid, but vital)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 17, 2011
Last Updated on November 17, 2011

Author

emma
emma

Canada



About
i'm emma and i watch a lot of TV and movies and read a lot of books and come talk to me about that i would love to talk with you also: i write things every once and a while more..

Writing
Fly On The Wall Fly On The Wall

A Poem by emma