Useless Anyways

Useless Anyways

A Poem by emma
"

I don't want your sympathy. It's useless anyways.

"
What is there to say, really, 
to comfort someone who is hurting?
What is there to do, really, 
to help someone through a tough time?
What can I say to stop the tears?
What can I do to make them laugh?
Can I say anything?
Can I do anything?
I can't say "sorry" and expect it all to go away.
I can't pat their back and expect it to help.
So, you can't say sorry to me,
and you can't pat my back, 
Because, really, it's all useless anyways. 

© 2011 emma


Author's Note

emma
just something i came up with off the top of my head. well, i guess that's not true. i was having a conversation with Break The Broken and she said she didn't want any sympathy from me, and *poof* an idea! hope you enjoy. criticism is appreciated, especially on my poems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

To strengthen relationships and to maintain them well what we need is proper understanding and not sympathy...well written piece, Emma

Posted 12 Years Ago


very powerful and deep. very nice...

Posted 12 Years Ago


WoW so powerful and amazing. Enjoyed the read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love these kinds of poems, so this is WONDERFUL!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Easy to understand, great word choice!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think about this a lot. I don't like someone apologizing to me when something bad happens, but I always apologize when someone else has been hurt. Its a contradiction. I think a lot of people think about this too.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great poetry here, I love the way that the words flow together and the message conveyed by the poem itself. It's true that there's really nothing you can say and that often things people try to do to make people feel better during hard times actually makes it worse, which is one of the interesting things about human psychology because one would think that a person realizing that people do care would make them feel at least a little bit better about something, but the human mind works in strange ways.

Anyway, this is a great piece of work, both aesthetically and as a piece of advice.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is how I feel most of the time with some people. I can empathize with the plight but I feel as if the words and gesture means nothing. I like the fact that what I truly feel was put so nicely into words. It was really a good read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KT
Loved it! I can really relate to the feeling useless part, but I also have to agree with paparapapa; when someone sticks with me through something or simply does a small, simple thing to try to make me feel better it just means the world sometimes. Great job and keep up the good work! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


to paparapapa: i'm actually glad you disagree. everyone's different, right? some people hate any sort of sympathy, but others may want it. i'm glad you enjoyed it even though you disagreed with part of it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

620 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 20, 2011
Last Updated on November 20, 2011

Author

emma
emma

Canada



About
i'm emma and i watch a lot of TV and movies and read a lot of books and come talk to me about that i would love to talk with you also: i write things every once and a while more..

Writing
Fly On The Wall Fly On The Wall

A Poem by emma



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fly On The Wall Fly On The Wall

A Poem by emma


Writing Writing

A Poem by Aly Jones