Her Letter

Her Letter

A Story by emma
"

Her letter, a note that he never wanted to open.

"

Please,

 

       Don’t take this personally. It wasn’t you . . . you were the best thing about me. I just couldn’t handle all the bad anymore. The hateful glares, the biased looks, it was all too much. My life wasn’t worth living anymore. I know, I know. This is a stupid way to say goodbye, but I couldn’t bring myself to say it out loud. I couldn’t bear to tell you in person, and a text or voicemail seemed too detached. So we were left with this. You always said you liked my writing anyways.

 

Okay. Now, how to say this? Ugh, I’m staring at this blank sheet of paper in front of me, wondering if words will ever pop up on it. Probably not. Maybe this letter will never be sent . . . but it will have to be. Because my mind is made up. I’m so sorry, Jay, but every problem in my life is crushing down on me so hard I feel like I can't physically breathe. Do you know what it’s like to be suffocated by thoughts? It’s not fun. I guess the point of me telling you this is that I want you to understand. I do. I want you to know why I did it . . . why I ended my life.

 

You know everything bad that’s ever happened to me, but I guess it didn’t seem bad enough to be life threatening. And on their own, my problems weren’t even worth any tears. But if you add them altogether, they were enough to die for. Literally. I hated that people picked on me just because I didn't wear colourful clothes, and I hated that they automatically assumed that I was insane because I didn't think on the positive side of everything. Maybe I would've if they had given me a chance to try. But most of all, I hated that they judged me so harshly just because I wasn't part of their cliques. Their shallowness repulses me. 

 

Please tell my parents I love them. Please tell my cat, and my dog, and my fish that I loved them, too. Tell Carrie and Grace, especially them. They need to know that I loved them, and only the way best friends can love each other. And, please, for me, if anyone ever says anything bad about me, restrain yourself and don't reply. Because even I didn’t think I was worth the effort.

 

I love you, Jay, and I always will.

 

                                                 -Ally. 

© 2011 emma


Author's Note

emma
NOTE: THIS IS TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY FAKE. this has been an idea of mine for a long time, to write a suicide note that wasn't mine. i guess the idea was sparked again when i read "Thirteen Reasons Why" (amazing book, by the way. read it if you haven't already). i thinked i touched base on all the important things here. things that seemed important to me, anyways. read, review, and tell me what to add/take out. thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think in a suicide note.... we would say what we think it is wrong in us... of course, because if someone is ending a life, it is because they are not happy. But I keep thinking.... if someone one day when thought in suicide note...could sit down and think.. in all good things...why life is worth. I know that people that do that...we can never understand why... must be a powerful and strong will, without any doubt. Or...I would not say "doubt", but something that nobody could stop. I knew some people that did that...and the ones I knew...nobody could tell that they would do something like that. They act so normal, that it is just "all of a sudden"... Very realistic your writing.
Made me think and reflect in the ones that do it...
*Mary*

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is tragic! I think its terrible that she ended her life, even when she still had so much to live for!
Great ink once again!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow! Powerful and strong, really sad though. You captured so many emotions in this piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


OMG this is so so so brilliant. Anyone wanting to end their life should take this down and leave it as their last words on the planet.!!! It's just awesome and huge and like totally real.
Makes me want to end my life just so I can use it. WOW!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1) "Thirteen Reasons Why" is an AMAZING book.
2) I like the whole concept, and this is a really good write...so sad but so good...

Posted 12 Years Ago


i loved this the moment i read it, i loved how it got you reading in between the lines! it was a brilliant idea and a brilliant idea! love it:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think in a suicide note.... we would say what we think it is wrong in us... of course, because if someone is ending a life, it is because they are not happy. But I keep thinking.... if someone one day when thought in suicide note...could sit down and think.. in all good things...why life is worth. I know that people that do that...we can never understand why... must be a powerful and strong will, without any doubt. Or...I would not say "doubt", but something that nobody could stop. I knew some people that did that...and the ones I knew...nobody could tell that they would do something like that. They act so normal, that it is just "all of a sudden"... Very realistic your writing.
Made me think and reflect in the ones that do it...
*Mary*

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

:( thatsreally good, and im glad its not real! :) ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


SAD:( ..but i love the sad:D! good job:)!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sad and stunning and devasting and loving and beautiful and heart breaking and mind bending and sorrowful and and and ooohhhhhhhhhhhh i loved this piece. its so sad and stunning and devasting and heart breaking and beautiful....

Posted 12 Years Ago


So good and so sad and so beautiful.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

563 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 26, 2011
Last Updated on November 26, 2011

Author

emma
emma

Canada



About
i'm emma and i watch a lot of TV and movies and read a lot of books and come talk to me about that i would love to talk with you also: i write things every once and a while more..

Writing
Fly On The Wall Fly On The Wall

A Poem by emma



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fly On The Wall Fly On The Wall

A Poem by emma


On my own On my own

A Poem by tanaya