I Don't Understand

I Don't Understand

A Poem by emma
"

please don't give up.

"
You're right--I don't understand. 
I don't understand how a perfect girl like you could hate herself so much.
I don't understand why you must torture yourself with hurtful words and terrible lies.
I don't understand why you think this is all on your shoulders, because it's not.
I don't understand how you can always doubt yourself and your obvious skills and talents.
I don't understand why you won't let me help, why you won't let me at least try.
But most of all,
I don't understand why you insist that this is impossible, when, really, I know you can do it.
Please don't give up.  

© 2012 emma


Author's Note

emma
in response to 13ReasonsWhy's poem The Reason Why. not my best, but it needed to be said. critique away. (check out The Reason Why. Probably will make much more sense..)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you. For the response. The kind words. The support. I cannot take compliments though. Not like others cannot take them. I refuse to. They always end up being lies in my mind. Maybe this one will help me realize. A wonderful peice.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 11, 2012
Last Updated on January 11, 2012

Author

emma
emma

Canada



About
i'm emma and i watch a lot of TV and movies and read a lot of books and come talk to me about that i would love to talk with you also: i write things every once and a while more..

Writing
Fly On The Wall Fly On The Wall

A Poem by emma