Endless Moments

Endless Moments

A Poem by Isabella
"

WARNING: a lot of 'what if'

"

What if we're surrounded by meanless moments, that don't count at all.

What if the real time, the worthwhile time that gives us life is the one of the mind, instead of the clock's one.

What if the ticking of the clock has gained more importance than the changing seasons.

What if we were not running all the time just to reach the end of an hour, but instead we were counting out of time.

What if work wasn't based on regular, objective schedules, but was organized by everyone's personal time.

What if one moment lasts forever, what if one day lasts one second.

What if one year is too much, what if 20 years are so few.

What if I'm here talking about nothing, what if in the end I'm not wasting my time.


Time is a funny theme to talk about of.

As long as you don't focuse on it, you'll be free to say: time doesn't exist.

Or at least it's you who has to choose its duration

But you can always be faithful and grateful to the endless moments,

which are the reason we are who we are, with all the bad and good shades.


 

© 2017 Isabella


Author's Note

Isabella
Simple Language, Inspired by a lesson at school talking about Virginia Woolf.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I got the message Isabella, your what ifs are meaningful here, they give a chance to the reader to think about certain things of life, what could have happened if those things were true this type of question rise up after reading your poem... Such thought provoking free verse poetry.... The ending stanza was really good....

Regards
Dhiman

Posted 8 Years Ago


Isabella

8 Years Ago

Thank you Dhiman, your opinion means a lot!
You're right, when I write I'm very direct, espe.. read more
Inject Positivity

8 Years Ago

You are welcome mate... Will look at your other works...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 13, 2016
Last Updated on January 16, 2017

Author

Isabella
Isabella

Rome, RM, Italy



About
Hello everyone! I'm Isabella, I'm 20 years old and I'm from Italy. My writings are based on experiences, late-night dreams and whatsoever. I like to write poetry the most. 🌸 more..

Writing
Spies Spies

A Story by Isabella