Eloy, Evony and the old me

Eloy, Evony and the old me

A Story by Isaac Covarrubias
"

How my best friend changed me.

"

The story of how I changed who I am has to do with the person who has been my best friend and is now like a brother to me.  My story is of how he without knowing he changed who I am. During my eighth grade year the school that I was going to had quite a few problems with it so, I transferred to Our Lady of Fatima. Fatima had also been the place where I went for 2nd through 4th grades.  When I first got to Fatima, I saw people I had not seen for years and I saw new faces too. It was not until I was introduced to the class and they I that I met Eloy and at first I did not hang around him, instead, I hung out for the first few days/weeks with people I had known from when I went there. Actually, I annoyed him more before we became friends ha-ha but within my first month he and I were friends and we played Frisbee with my other friend Chris usually but that is how I gotten to know him.  

            Eloy changed me in many ways. He changed my taste in music, he taught me how to well talk to girls that I “like”, and he taught me how to have true fun and take risks.

When I first transferred my taste in music was questionable by the standard of my age group. Elvis and other singers and bands from around that time period aren’t exactly “cool” and I hadn’t adapted. I kind of wanted a change so I became open to new things. That is when Eloy introduced me to bands like Aerosmith, Queen, ACDC and new genres like dubstep and other forms of EDM. Now it is a main section in my music playlists and I discovered new things from it. Therefore, that one façade of me changed.

During the years, I was in middle school like everyone I assume there had at one point one or two crushes. Well I did too. I just never talked to them and I liked that approach. Eloy he taught me how to talk to them. Before when I did try to talk to one I would tremble, look at the floor, talk quietly, laugh awkwardly then leave… and that was my conversation. Afterwards I would sit down and just breathe. Eloy pushed me out of this more like shoved but anyway he found out whom I liked and he encouraged me to talk to her like a somewhat normal human. Long story short I asked her out after we talked for a while and then I was dumped and he was there for me. Of course, being the friendly jerk he is he gave me a punch in the arm and said congrats on the first time that happened to me all in the course of one day. So one more aspect of the old I changed.

One of the main ways I got to know what he was like was through the magical bond of online gaming. This is where I learned to take risks. When is say risks I mean sitting with him in English class playing our game Evony and getting in trouble for it. This was me having pure fun which was something that I had not experienced with someone in my own class before.  He taught me through that to have fun while taking a risk and to actually take a risk.

Eloy changed me he changed me into a person that is me. This is who I am now. He gave me encouragement; happiness, confidence, and he showed me that I could change. He also did this without realizing what he was doing for me. Thank you is what I have to say to him now. Thank you for being there for me bro.


© 2014 Isaac Covarrubias


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on January 22, 2014
Last Updated on January 22, 2014
Tags: Change

Author

Isaac Covarrubias
Isaac Covarrubias

Albuquerque, NM



About
My name is Isaac Covarrubias. I am from Auga Dulce, Veracruz Mexico. I enjoy writing and presenting my work. I enjoy playing video games, Frisbee, running, parkour, and soccer. more..

Writing