Life Sucks Anymore

Life Sucks Anymore

A Story by Madeline

Don't you wish you could go back to when you were small? When the world didn't sit there and criticize you over and over? When your parent seemed to care? When there were monsters under your bed and not in your head? 
Growing up in today's generation sucks honestly. I was feeling suicidal at 11, self harming at 12, and then all of a sudden at 13 I feel as if I'm a shell of who I once was. Where did things go wrong for me?
Maybe it was when I was 4, and my father sexually abused me. Maybe it was when I was 5, and my grandfather died. Maybe it was when I was 6, and my parents divorced. Maybe it was when I was 7, and realized I didn't belong in my family. Maybe it was when I was 8, and was told that I was fat. Maybe it was when I was 9, and was told I'd never conquer my dreams. Maybe it was when I was 10, and told to grow up. Maybe it was when I entered middle school, and was told I was too fat. Maybe it was when I stopped caring I was looked down upon as a freak. Maybe it was when my girlfriend told me she no longer loved me because she felt weird dating a girl. Maybe it was when I asked for help and was told I was hurting for attention. Maybe it was when I was told I was ugly and needed makeup. Maybe it was when I was told I was 'fake' because I wore makeup. Maybe it was when I was told I disappointed everyone I knew. Maybe it was I started believing everything they told me all of my life.

© 2016 Madeline


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Maybe this is overwhelming at first to write down out of experience and feeling first.
Maybe what you are today and can be is what makes you great anyway.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

95 Views
1 Review
Added on February 3, 2016
Last Updated on February 3, 2016