Did you ever care?

Did you ever care?

A Story by Madeline

Did you even care? When we were friends? When we were together? Did you ever think about me? Did you ever think about how I would feel? I'm suffering worse than you, I'm drowning in my thoughts, I can't take it anymore. All I do is cry and walk around numb. Everything reminds me of you. I cry every time I see your name pop up on my phone. Did you ever stop and think it would hurt me? Or did you not even care if it did or not? You were my best friend. You were the one I turned to when things got hard. You were the one I set everyone aside for. You were the one I loved. Did you ever love me? I did everything you wanted and needed and more. I was making plans for us. I set aside my goals and wants so I could put you first. Now I'm crying in the scalding shower, because maybe, just maybe, I can burn your memory away. 

© 2016 Madeline


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
747
I have been on both sides of this situation. It is difficult.

On the receiving end, it is as you describe; terrible, heart wrenching, and a festering cause of self doubt.

On the giving end, it is difficult to say. Each situation is different. Though often I would say it is not from a lack of caring, but instead a realization that a relationship is unfair, unhealthy, or parasitic. This doesn't mean there is fault of one or the other necessarily, but that one recognizes what the other will or can not. Neither does it negate all the feelings and memories you share; at least, I hope not. I have never meant it to.

Sometimes people can be only in your heart; not in your life. That's hard to take, but hopefully it helps you through.

A great piece. My only suggestion would be to perhaps split it up a bit. Perhaps even putting it into prose poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 3, 2016
Last Updated on February 3, 2016