Illegal Aliens

Illegal Aliens

A Story by JRB
"

Why are so many of our leaders and most of the politicians, bewildered over the problem that we, as a country, have with all of those illegal aliens living in the united states?

"

 

Why are so many of our leaders and most of the politicians, bewildered over the problem that we, as a country, have with all of those illegal aliens living in the united states? Our problem is that our strength as a nation is now seen as our weakness as a country. We have allowed our kindness and our humanitarian traits as a nation, to be used, to be abused and to be manipulated from within and without of our borders. By those that are taking advantage of our country’s kindheartedness greedily.

 

This is not happening just by those that are illegally here. It’s also taking place in our nation even by, those living here legally as well. Let me try to explain just what I meant by those above statements. We as a nation offer our populace some of the world’s greatest opportunities such as, health care, public schooling, social services, religious tolerance, legal representation, environmental standards, private dwelling expectations, protected working standards and limitless employment possibilities, than many other nations around the world do.

 

Our constitution mandates that we as a nation have such freedoms as the freedom of speech, press, religion, petition and assembly and most of all, the freedom to vote. This is without the fear of prosecution, retaliation or intimidation, as a result of those rightful actions being performed by an individual. As our preamble states, “We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America”.

 

Our constitution with this form of government is both consider worldwide, either as one of the fineness examples of a democratic society govern by its people in the world or on the other hand, the worst case, in point of a democracy in a nation-state. As one of those factors is trying to destroy this nation because of all the freedom that it relinquished upon its people and inflicts upon the world to view as a better possibility to live. The other factors are trying to do their best to maintain its influence of freedom, stability and justice, equally imposed upon its people and this world of ours.

 

This is being done both from within our nations boundaries as well as from outside of our limitations. While one factor is trying to ensure our future candidly, the other is trying to destroy it openly. I often wonder what side will win, I know what side is trying harder and that scares me deeply. It seems to be those factors wanting our total destruction as a nation and its people. We are a very proud country functioning in what we believe to be a democratic society. Ran by the people, for the people and supposedly, through the people, yet it seems to me that most of those people are not in control of this government, neither thru their voice or vote.

 

Starting in the early 60s, we as a nation started to see that we were not satisfying our democratic intentions, of responsibilities, as a nation or as people in general. We started taking more care and paying more attention to those that were less fortunate than many of us where at the times. We as a nation started to developed many social programs. In which to help those people, in addition to, giving them some form of hope where there was none or very little before.

 

Many of those projects were built in to our society and social services, with great expectations and many of them were long over due. We wanted to protect those people who needed those institutions and services, from the hardships facing them. Not as a permanent form of assistance, but rather as, a temporary juncture in their life’s ongoing situation. A helping hand, a safety net of sort, assisting just, until they could help their self’s move forward.

 

As a result of this movement, many of those programs, have now created a situation where those institutions are now considered as a life style, to be lived by many of our nation’s population. In addition to, at the present time, this life style seems to be accepted as an individual’s right and our nation’s obligation. Realizing that those programs will step in and save them, protect them, and shelter them, they often step out of their own responsibilities.

 

There are generations growing up and those that have already grown up. That accepts this life style with very little anticipation of finding any other way of living than what they have and know now. When your future has safe guards that in some way or another limits your responsibilities. The choice seems easy, let someone or something else become responsible for your being and your welfare. This attitude most change in our nation’s collective consciousness, thru morals, values and ethics holding more responsibility than dependency.

 

This seems to me, to be one of the main reasons for people illegally entering this country. They see that no matter what they do to search out, if they get here we will, as a nation, offer them those same programs and protections offered to our residents. By making it easier for our own deprived people to be safe guarded, we have opened the slippery door not just for those in this country taking advantage of our systems; we have opened it for others outside our boundaries, to just walk in too.

 

As our citizens already know, that our nation will do its best not to let an individual, starve, go ill or be homeless, especially when a child or children are involved. So there we go, our kindheartedness is our weakness, and our strength becomes our down fall.

 

So where does that leave us? It’s not that we have to secure our boarders first, it’s that we have to make it harder for those illegal’s entering this country, to work, to live and to receive our social services. Since there is about 14 million illegal aliens’ already living here, working here and receiving services here, what to do?

 

Well let’s look at some of the possible reasons as to why they are here. Maybe their home land is not offering them what they need to endure, to develop or to safe guard their existence. So they come here seeking out those guarantees and we offer them openly. Who can blame them, not me, how about you? Yet there are ways that seem to be acceptable if followed as well as exceptions. Such as when somebody that is not included in or does not fit into a general rule, patterns or judgments for the entrance in to this nation. They are here to stay one way or the other, so let’s work on making them legal.

 

If we as a nation want to change this influx, we need to change a few of our policies. Starting with this one, Section 1, “all persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws”.

 

This is not likely to happen, yet it should be done. As it, stands now the children are safe guarded by our law, yet their parents are not. So how do you deport them the parents and keep the children here? Who takes care of the children? Do we house them in homes until they are of age, in which than they may bring their family here? Will we break up a family to enforce our laws? Why not offer an amnesty to all those illegals. Then we could as a nation vote on an amendment to change our naturalization process to a more appropriate standard. Or otherwise we will stay trapped by our own acceptance and denial.

 

Another way of controlling this fluctuation is by managing all aspect of their ability to live, to work and to stay here in this country illegally. This could be achieved by a simple method already in use in our nation. It’s called an I.D an identification informational card. In today’s world here in the united states. We are all able to obtain a social security number after our birth and later some of us receive a driver’s license, in which has a picture of the individual in question. Then why not do this at birth, by issuing a photo id that is up dated, as is a driver’s license, every three years or so.

 

A national standard identification card, which all our citizens can carry, thus adding information such as your driving status, voting listing, at the appropriate times. This would also be an added income, into our state’s system, helping maybe to hold down more tax increases and an added incentive into reducing our government spending, towards the ongoing deficit.

 

This could be added to all the driver license offices as an additional feature with very little time and trouble incorporating it, a well over do needed program. One card showing all the information needed to validate as to who is who. No card, no work, no work, no one comes, if they cannot work, why would they enter this country or stay here illegally?

 

Now that leads us back to how to enforce an amnesty. I believe that a five-year program of registration and qualification is the answer. Start by having all our citizens that are here legally and illegally retain a standard national id card to use for employment, driving and voting, with finger print and photo identification imprinted. Those under an amnesty would have to maintain beneficial employment for those five years, pay future taxes, and penalties. It would be rather nice to have them learn our language, accept our laws, acknowledge our rules governing illegal activities here and away.

 

Furthermore, read our constitution, respect our democracy and honor our strength as a nation, not for the weakness that some perceive that it is. Rather one that’s trying its hardest as a nation to show our strength, even through its own inner and those outer, moments of turmoil.

 

Thus, showing all within and without, that this inner strength as a nation is done, by its people, for its people, through its people and most of all we always will hope, from its people. Their responsibilities are not only to their selves but rather to each other, willingly reaching out our extended hands. Not as a sign of our weakness, rather as a much healthier representation of our strengths.

 

After five years of complying with the terms of the amnesty probation agreement, they would become a citizen, along with their family members, being safe guarded now legally. They would have to agree with all the terms wherein that amnesty probation, knowing that any sever violation, could and should result in their deportation.

 

I believe that we have no other humanitarian responsibility. This registration could start at our request as a nation. One problem faced and achieved, is one less to deal with. Fore, we have other more dangerous assessments facing us ahead as a nation at war from within and without.

 

I have heard it stated that those illegal aliens do the work that Americans will not do. That this work has to be done even by someone if their illegal. My question than is, what happens when they become legal Americans and demand better wages, safer work sites, etc.. Who than does their work, who replaces them and how will their legalization effect our work place. When they are let go or demand more, are refused, and leave for a better job now that they are Americans?

 

For it seems that money is the motivating factor at all ends of this dilemma, go figure. It’s also a shame that 14 million people would leave their homeland for a better life style in another nation-state. So now, we have a better understanding why some many are trying and dying to reach this country in the millions, seeking that much safer life of existence that we offer them.

 

It’s even worse when that country’s leader states that they amount of income sent back home to those dependents of those here illegally in this nation. States this income is a large part of that nation’s expenditure and would hurt that nation’s profit spending, if it is stopped. So in that regards we are losing that income being sent back to their homeland from being filtered back in to our economy.

 

Therefore, it seems to me, that we as a nation are supporting another nation’s finical responsibility as well as our own. What we are getting back in return, is more illegal’s, helping to maintain their homeland from ours. Plus remember that all those family members back in their homeland that will want to come here to the United States as well. In addition to those, just how many more millions will be flashed upon our systems? Are we as a nation ready for that influx and its drain that follows, upon our systems and services, when they too, become officially permitted applicants to enter our country?

 

Memory is a reflection of a thought you think you had. We are a nation of individuals that accept not the responsibility or the accountability for their own actions or their own words or their own performances. So how do we expect others around the world to? We are more or less products of the times at hand. We have lost our moral compasses and its focus of responsibility and accountability. When it seems to have been found, it spins around and around showing not a thing other than our contradictory attitudes, as the direction in which to guide us.

 

Ok people it’s up to you, change, adapt or all stays the same, stagnation, is a condition of no movement, activity, development, or progress, it leads to annihilation, the complete destruction of something, such as our way of life in this homeland of ours, we are the people, remember?. Our kindness as a nation and its people, should never be taken as a sign as to our weakness.

 

What we have here is responsibility with accountability. We should not ask for the respect of others around the world, we should demand it, than we should give it in return, openly and willingly, as a nation of acceptance and tolerance. Respect me; I will respect you, than why should we, as a nation not want anything but the same in return. So why not want that from others around the world or even more so, from those living here now within our country both legally and illegally.

 

 

Copyrights Reserved
@JRB
Illegal aliens
Jan/11/21/06

© 2012 JRB


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I think it's timing in general for people. I was born here but my parents migrated from South America. The legal way. It is not so easy now. There are people suffering and see America as a more hopeful situation. Deep down my cynicism may get the best of me; maybe the real reason immigrants were welcomed with open arms is to work cheaply since the lack of mastery of language and some the education made them vulnerable to accept the challenge. Then there's my father in law. He studied medicine overseas and busted his hump to learn and grow within the medical system in the 70's but even he looks at the industry today ruled by greed and pharaceuticals. Corporations move their call centers to other parts of the world to maximize their dollar and give opportunity to places like china and india but even they grow and grow to demand more for their time because they become valued as they are used....all i know for myself is that being perceived as a double minority, born here - i use that as tripple fuel to not sit back on my biscuit and collect but make the most of this opportunity and encourage others to do so. our freedoms were fought for...

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
1 Review
Added on January 8, 2012
Last Updated on January 8, 2012

Author

JRB
JRB

Grantville, PA



About
To my writes, I have been told that my writings, relate to the poetic styles of, John Donne, George Herbert, and many other early 17th-century English poets. By believing that enlightenment c.. more..

Writing
12/21/12 12/21/12

A Poem by JRB