Student Changes his Mind after Seeing Presentation on Meth

Student Changes his Mind after Seeing Presentation on Meth

A Poem by jaredmillstein

Referring to the eye-opening information and engaging stock photos, George Washington High School student Tyler Chambers verified Friday that his mind had been changed after seeing a presentation on the effects of methamphetamine.

          “Before, I didn’t even know that 4.5% of high school seniors have used it before,” Chambers revealed. “But now I feel enlightened.”

          “The images of syringes with long shadows from a low blue light were truly enlightening,” explained Chambers, furthering that the sensationalized, unrelatable factoids “shed a light on the whole topic.”

          “Who knows what I would have done without all that information about death rates.  It’s scary to think that I could’ve been exposed to such a dangerous drug,” noted the upper-middle class, low-risk sophomore.

          Chambers also divulged that it’s impossible that any one of the students in the auditorium for the PowerPoint could possibly ever try methamphetamine after hearing such a powerful barrage of sentences read directly off of the screen by the school resource officer.

“I’m sure this is going to stick in every single kid’s mind like it has for me. They’re going to remember that meth can result in ‘increased respiration’ and definitely just stop.”

At press time, Chambers was anxiously looking forward to watching a VHS tape from 1998 about heroin next week. 

© 2014 jaredmillstein


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A wonderful little editorial here.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
1 Review
Added on October 19, 2014
Last Updated on October 19, 2014
Tags: meth, drugs, student, school, humor, satire, comedy

Author

jaredmillstein
jaredmillstein

Wayne, NJ



About
16 from NJ. I like hating stuff. Everything here is satirical news articles unless otherwise noted. more..

Writing