Very Important Problem

Very Important Problem

A Chapter by Jasmine

10 Costume Ideas that I could go to Chelseas party in;

1.       I could do what all the popular people do: dress like a s**t and put on some form of animal ears and claim to be an animal,

2.       The obvious one - go in a short white dress, white heels, fling on some wings and go as an angel,

3.       I could go as a school girl - you know, tight short skirt, school shirt and tie - but thats also been done to death.

4.       Go as some type of Disney character for a laugh, but Im not popular so no one would find it funny.

5.       Id say cheerleader, but those costumes are always super expensive,

6.       Maybe soldier - shorts, camouflaged top, trainers and military face paint,

7.       I would say 118 dude - you know, red shorts, white top with the words 118 sprawled across the middle, but then Id have to do it with someone or I would look like a saddo, and if I did it with someone then I would have to wear the same as them, and thats just awkward because you know that everyone will be talking about who looks better.

8.       I could do the easy thing - go in a nice dress, throw on a plastic tiara and tell everyone that Im a princess

9.       I could go as a witch but Im not a big fan of the warts and spots and broomsticks

And my 10th costume idea:

10.   I could just not go - because I dont know if I can be bothered to find a costume

You know, when I imagined being a teenager, I imagined what my friends would be like.  I imagined having that perfect best friend; the one that I told all of my secrets to, the one that I swapped clothes with, started a band with, and became famous with.  It would be me and her against the world and whenever she came to my house wed never be able to stop talking.

Somebody should have warned me how much reality would suck.

Its been a week since we got our invites, so were lying on my bedroom floor brainstorming costume ideas.  Its the usual set up, no ones really talking.  Im sitting crossed legged on the floor looking up Halloween costume ideas on the internet, Macys lying on the floor next to me stroking Socks, Brooke is lying on my bed daydreaming and Kelly is sitting on my swivel chair texting.  Its funny, for best friends we never really talk that much.

Maybe I could go as Minnie Mouse! Brookes suggesting, breaking the awkward silence, Im serious, think about it, I could text Becki and ask if I could wear that cute short black spotty skater skirt that she wore to Stacies end of summer party, because she cant wear it to two parties in a row and I could pair it with my red halter neck top that I bought last month, and buy a Minnie Mouse headband online!

Ok, shes right.  That actually sounds kind of cute. 

And you could pair it with my bright red wedges! Macys suggested, popping a bubble from the bubble gum in her mouth, Kel, you okay?  You havent told us any ideas.

See, neither have I, but this is what happens.  People care about Kelly more than theyve ever cared about me.  And its not like Kelly even cares �" shes rolling her eyes like its a chore to actually talk to us.

Yeah, sorry, been texting Megan about the party.

Anything interesting?

Well actually, Chelseas chosen her 5 V.I.Ps.  This year its Liz Witts her best friend out of school, Ariana and Lucy, her best friends in school, Megan and Me!  So it looks like you guys cant come and get ready at mine before the party, sorry.

And now shes back to her phone.  Like it doesnt even matter that shes just blown us off.

Oh yeah - another interesting thing about Chelseas party - the V.I.P.  Section.  Every year she chooses 5 girls and 5 boys who get ready at her house.  The girls get their hair and make-up done by professionals, and get outfits bought for them.  Theyre literally like bridesmaids.  When Chelsea makes her big entrance they follow behind her, each one escorted by a boy.  Megan is always a V.I.P.  But Chelsea has hardly ever spoken to Kelly and as far as Kelly talking to Chelsea, well; Ive never seen it happen. 

It probably makes me a bad person if I say this, but Im kind of glad that shes blown us off.  This way I spend less time with her, and hopefully Macy and Brooke will finally pick me over her.  It looks like its happening though, because Brooke and Macy are exchanging puzzled looks. 

Okay, then what are you going as? Macys asked, a false smile plastered on her face.

Oh, Megan said that V.I.Ps have to keep their costumes secret so that they can surprise everyone on the night, and so no one steals the idea.  But I know what it is and you guys are gonna love the whole idea and concept!

And now shes smiling her Im doing you a favour smile.  She really shouldnt have.  Macys showing her signs of pre-rant: lips pursed, red cheeks, squinted eyes, furrowed brow Shes about to erupt. 

 Well, thats fine Kel.  Mel, Mace, you can come to mine and get ready!

And Brooke managed to stop it.  Urgh, Brooke.  As much as I love her pacifist ways, for once, just once, I want Kelly to know that she cant get away with everything.

K, good.  Im so sorry guys!  I really wish that I could have you guys round, but I cant turn down the offer to be a V.I.P.  And then show up to her party with you guys!  That would just be rude!  Im gonna go get some water, does anybody want anything?

Yeah, there is a lot I want.  I want Kelly to either remove herself from my life, I want Macy and Brooke to see Kelly the way that I see her.  I want a flat stomach, long hair, thighs that dont jiggle when I walk and a smaller forehead.

Melissa..?  Do you want anything or not?

Im fine.

***

One thing I really hate about the feminine species as a whole is the bitchiness.  Im not gonna lie and try and act like I have never bitched about anybody, but over the years, I have learnt to keep my views to myself, because the second I express them, I wind up in a world of trouble.

I mean, as soon as Kelly left my room at the sleepover, Macy and Brooke went into full b***h mode.  All I heard was; Shes so selfish, Shes sucking up to Megan, Remember when that happened with, Like when we went shopping in over and over again, and you know what?  I didnt join in.  Ever.  I was incredible proud of myself, I managed to maintain self-control in a situation where I could have really participated.  Now Macy and Brooke have nothing to blame me for in that conversation and I got to listen to all their problems with Kelly, which actually made me happy.

And now Im hoping that Macy and Brooke will actually carry out their threats and not talk to Kelly.

Macy and I our sitting �" sorry �" shivering our butts off outside in our usual spot.  She hasnt stopped talking about her costume calamity since I sat down.  Shes gone into a vast amount of detail and I could literally tell you everything about the situation.

Basically, she went shopping with her mum after she left my house on Sunday and she found this really cute top (It was white and lacy) so she bought it and she wanted to wear it for Chelseas so she thought that she would be an angel or a fairy so she went to the party shop to get some wings and as its just over a month until Halloween the only ones that they had were black and black angel wings really didnt go with her white lacy top.

Why dont you just ditch the angel idea and go as something else thats white and lacy?

I can hear Becki and Allison giggling behind us due to the fact they just made Macy and I jump with their random suggestion.

So this is where you guys hide in the morning! Beckis exclaimed, walking over to the steps and sitting next to Macy, We were bored in the classroom by ourselves so we walked around the grounds and thought that wed try and find you guys!  We brought you presents!

Now Allisons perching herself next to me, squashing Macy and I in the middle.  I can smell the syrup and pancakes aroma wafting from the paper plates that theyre holding, and theyre offering us a plate each.  Im supposed to be on a diet this week, but oh well, I guess Ill start tomorrow, cant turn down free pancakes.

We were gonna bring bacon, but then we didnt know if you liked bacon, and everybody likes pancakes Allisons explaining, Wheres Kelly?

With your bestest friend Megan most probably Macys answered, rolling her eyes

Have you heard?  Megan is a V.I.P now! 

Ouch.  You could hear the scorn in Beckis voice as she said that.  Who cares?  I may as well join in;

Oh we know, Kellys a V.I.P. too!


© 2015 Jasmine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on July 9, 2015
Last Updated on July 9, 2015


Author

Jasmine
Jasmine

London, Lewisham, United Kingdom



About
Young writer who's an aspiring author and writes a satirical teen blog. more..

Writing