The Invisable Non-Invisable Stranger

The Invisable Non-Invisable Stranger

A Chapter by kannerjay
"

Who is the lost, forlorn stranger who thinks he is invisible?

"
     You see, we all used to be angels. Yes, angels. Maybe you don't believe me now, but after today, or whenever you put this book down, maybe you will.
     I'm getting ahead if myself again. My name is Cara. I'm a short, fourteen year old redhead girl from Georgia. I sit here now with a book in my hand, my greens eyes sparkling as hey skim across the pages. It took me nearly three months to get my hands on the book, but I'm glad I did because it's a really good book.
     My friend Madison, whom we call Madi, rolls her eyes a me.  Madi wears her brown hair short,. She is taller than me, but still not tall, and her eyes are blue, framed by her glasses and her colorful braces.
     You see, Madi is kind of hard of hearing , so she wears hearing aids. She hears everything different so she talks a little funny. Personally, I find her odd voice soothing.
     So Madi is rolling her eyes at me because I have once again ignored in her in favor of a book. " You dork, gimme that! " she giggles, reaching for the book.
     I smile and pull the book out of her reach, carefully bookmarking it before putting it in my bag- a small, blue purse-thingy. I turn my attention to my impatient, zombie-loving , crazy but lovable best friend.
     She had probably said whatever she was saying three or more times. When I'm sucked into a book, I just kinda don't notice. Which is why my friends don't usually bring me to the mall, like they did today. We- me, Loren, Madi, and Anko- are our celebrating me fourteenth birthday. My friend Lea also wanted to come but her mom said no. the trip hadn't been working out all that well; mom had finally gotten me the book I wanted and I was reluctant to put it down.
     Anko is a sight, with her dark brown hair and brown eyes. She is the evilest thing in miles, the world, and maybe the universe, but we love her, even if her boyfriend is a demon from the second stage of Hell... which I'll explain more about later. She can be somewhat perverted as times, and more than a little weird, but she was one of the funnest people to be around once you got used to her weird ways. She spoke now, faking a gasp.
     " Could it be? Did Cara actually just put down that book? "
     Anko can be sarcastic at times. Loren is no better, and so they are the Sarcasm Twins, though they look nothing alike. Loren had blonde hair, light brown eyes, and she is always twirling her hair with her fingers. She often complains about thing that make no sense- a habit she picked up from Anko - like how if guys wear suites, they shouldn't wear bows. They should wear black ties.
     They're my friends, so i accept all their chips and oddities. In return they accept what we call my " reading overload disease " ... sometimes.
     Loren looked over at me with a look I called the frenemy look; a mix of fondness and crossness. " How in the hell did Madi get her to put it down? "
     " I'm not sure... " Anko looked uncertain for a moment, though it didn't last long before the look changed to one of awe. " We are truly witnessing a miracle. "
     It was my turn to roll my eyes. Of course, my friends were always joking around like a bunch of retards and never could be serious, but that's why we were friends. I'm apparently too uptight, though it never occurs to me that it might be true unless I'm with them, because they're all party-goers.
     Maybe not. I just do all my hoework and follow most of the rules. Does that make me too uptight?
     Madi laughed. " You both know that I'm incapable of making miracles."
     It was nice to see my friends chatting like this. Often they would fight over something ludicrous, like when Anko sits at a different table at lunch. Anko should be able to sit wherever she wants. She has no obligation to sit with us, does she? It was often small jabs of the wisdom that I just gave you that could temporarily stop a fight. Occasionally war would break out and my friends would split into two sides. I had two choices: pick a side ad hope mine wins, or wait out the war, refusing to pick sides. What could I do?
      It was nice when they weren't trying to bite each others necks out. Especialy when the were being nice and actually talking to one another.
     " Well, now that she actually put down the book... " Loren gav me an evil smile, and even though I knew what she was about to suggest, I could do nothing to stop the horrid thought from leaving her mouth. It was also painfully obvious to me how much everyone would approve of her idea.
     " Let's give Cara a makeover. "
    The words filled my heart with dread. I hated the random powders they would put on my face, the contacts they would force upon me that could do nearly nothing for my sight, the uncomfortable clothes they would dress me in ,and the jerk guys who would start liking me after.
     Yet, they always did this.. Anytime they could get me in public without a book. Therefore, it must be by an immensely perverse coincidence that even though I hated it, it was the only time they actually got together like true friends and did something.
     This is how I ended up in makeup and the most uncomfortable clothes ever, hanging out with my friends at the mall instead of reading or doing my homework. I was worth it ,though; if I was dressed up, my friends weren't murdering each other.
     Then again, the uncomfort of it all made me stress and fiddle every five seconds, so I couldn't really enjoy it.
     It was upon this visit that my life changed forever.
     He was sitting at a table, looking lost and forlorn, similar to the way someone looks when their hopes have been raised and then skillfully dashed. I could feel his immense woefulness from across the room.
     I can't remember what it was in me that decided to make me go talk to him, but I did. I gracefully rose from my chair - surprising me, because grace isn't my forte - and walked over to sit right across from him. I could feel my friend's curious eyes boring into the back of my head, but I was too focused on the guy's face to really notice.
     Not that his face wasn't beautiful. It was, and that's why he had my attention. He probably had the most handsome face I'd ever seen. His hair was short yet long, a jet black color that somehow seemed to shine... and those eyes, what color were they? They seemed so blue they they couldn't even be considered blue anymore.
     He still seemed oblivious to my existence. " Hello? "
     He looked up in shock, as if he had had some instant revelation. " Can you see me? "
     I could feel myself beginning to frown. I prepared myself, just in case this was a crazy man. " Should I not be able to? Are you invisible or something? "
     He frowned, too. " Your friends don't. "
     It was true. My friends looked truly puzzled... if they knew I was talking toa boy, they would be jumping for joy, ecstatic. They were not jumping. In fact, they were looking at me as if I were talking to thin air.
     But I was sure I was talking to someone. I had the sudden urge to make sure, so I reached out and poked him in the shoulder. I half expected my and to go through him, like a ghost. To my surprsie, my hand touched solid shoulder. I was so amazed by it that I did it again.
     " Are you almost done with all the poking, Doc? " he said, amused. I winced. In trying to see if he was there, I'd forgotten he was there. oh wait, nevermind. That makes no sense whatsoever.
     " Sorry. It's not every day that I meet someone who is suppose to be invisible...never, actually. I'm pretty sure this is the first time. "
     " Angel, " he corrected, smirking.
     " What? "
     " I'm an angel, Miss Kali. "
     " Everything you just said is absolute poppycock. My name is Cara. "
     " I believe not. Your humanoid named is Cara. Your angelic name is Kali. "
     I looked a him funny.  " That doesn't make any sense! "
     " No darling, it is you who makes no sense. Ta-ta for now, " and he disappeared in a gold yet somehow white dust. It was so fast that if I would have blinked, I would have missed it. Then, he was gone.
     Debating my sanity and whether I was awake, I stalked off to the bathroom, muttering to myself, my birthday all but forgotten.




© 2011 kannerjay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on September 11, 2011
Last Updated on September 25, 2011


Author

kannerjay
kannerjay

Terre Haute, IN



About
Ummm? more..

Writing
Chapter 1: Nohr Chapter 1: Nohr

A Chapter by kannerjay