Gold Shadows

Gold Shadows

A Poem by Awakened Rose

I am my heaven and I am my hell. And the times I find myself wandering through the dark are the times I tend to see more clearly. As if the dark is but a fragment of the light. A learning ground. Where seeds are planted and water begins to soak.


I have traveled as deep as the sorrows and as narrow as the abyss. And still my heart floats at the beauty of my souls yearning. As if the beauty I seek, the beauty I sow, is one of my hearts and not of the one my ego’s being shown.


Now what’s so bad about standing in your power and seeing the beauty within the depths of defeat? I shall not question the love for my soul for the love of my eyes. When the soul is but whom, sees all of dark's disguise.


Black is but a color, one you cannot see. But if you look from the seat, the one of your soul, you’ll see black is but a color, a color of gold.

© 2014 Awakened Rose


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I feel like this one has a really meditative tone. Its as if you are entering a sacred space in this poem, discarding the illusions of the ego, and seeing with the soul. That sort of sight replaces our material cravings and expectations in the world we know.

I love these lines: "As if the beauty I seek, the beauty I sow, is one of my hearts and not of the one my ego’s being shown."

That kind of knowledge helps us shed all of our illusions.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Awakened Rose

9 Years Ago

hehe I actually wrote this right after meditating. I do feel this poem is a sacred space of mine. Be.. read more
Wonderfully written piece about the benefits of being in the dark sometimes, how it tends not to cloud your judgment against popular belief and instead it is the whiteness of life that blinds with its bright light shining down at you. Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Awakened Rose

10 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Very Thought-Invoking Write. I like the concept, how beautiful verses you blend with the sheds of the mist life is what should be much appreciable so, I appreciated it. I just enjoyed reading this piece where I found much reality into the fantasy poetic words. You know what? Your starting on this piece makes me impress and then the ending as well. Every individual line you drop on here is what touched my heart passing through it into the forms of peace indeed. Lovely ..very beautiful stuff! Great Job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Awakened Rose

10 Years Ago

Thank you so very much :) your words touch
This piece has beauty and conflict. A conflict within that's trying to find it's way. At least that's what I got from it. I really enjoyed this piece. It makes you think about what the heart wants. This is great.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Awakened Rose

10 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Wow, this is a really expressive piece. I truly love the way you writing, it just flows so beautifully.

"I shall not question the love for my soul for the love of my eyes."
This is my favorite line, it says so much to me.

Great piece!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Awakened Rose

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much :)
I truly enjoy this work and various shades you portiat were amazing...good job

Posted 10 Years Ago


Awakened Rose

10 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Black is but a color, one you cannot see. But if
you look from the seat, the one of your soul,
you’ll see black is but a color, a color of gold.

Multi shaded poetry. Like it all the way....

Posted 10 Years Ago


Awakened Rose

10 Years Ago

Thank you my friend :)
We see things in a different light... some shades are darker than most...
You shed the perception of black... it's refreshing..
A unique write!~xoxo~

Posted 10 Years Ago


Awakened Rose

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much Robbie :)
so many shades in a short piece- very nice

Posted 10 Years Ago


Awakened Rose

10 Years Ago

Thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

285 Views
9 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 9, 2014
Last Updated on May 9, 2014
Tags: shadows, dark, love, ego, spiritual, hope, trust

Author

Awakened Rose
Awakened Rose

CA



About
My name is Tayler Jenkins. I love to write because it connects me to the soul of the universe and allows me to emanate that out to the world. more..

Writing