Why I Write

Why I Write

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

It is a short essay on why I have decided to become a writer.

"
The reason why I had to choose to write happened during the early 1990s; I have learned that writing is not only a hobby but something that you want to do in order to get ahead in life. If I ever wanted to be recognized for whatever I do, then it has got to be writing. 
I then began to practice my cartooning, in which I still do to this day; But just because I get started on something that would increase my talents does not ever mean that I cannot give up on my writing. I would sometimes combine writing and cartooning talents together, so that maybe in the hopes that someone would see them and then enjoy them very much.
My influences are Rod Serling and Charles Schultz; The former, who happens to be the host of that TV show that is known as The Twilight Zone, is a writer himself, and he inspires me to do what I always love, and still do to this very day: Write. 

And yes, I still draw cartoons on occasion, however not every day as I used to; However, that might change with the fact that I am now an author of eBooks. 
It makes me feel very happy, welcome, and proud to be welcomed into the Writers Cafe. I hope that I would make your lives as enjoyable as possible. 

© 2018 Jennifer Webster


Author's Note

Jennifer Webster
Please let me know what you think of my essay.-JW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked the way you told about why you write and actually this is best way to start here on writers cafe..I am a 17 years old girl from India and when I joined writers cafe I was hardly a 12 or 13 years and I never thought about posting here something like this to start a new life here on writers cafe..I hope that I will get to read more writings of yours and as many as I read until now I liked all of those and I enjoyed reading them..
Keep writing..

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I liked the way you told about why you write and actually this is best way to start here on writers cafe..I am a 17 years old girl from India and when I joined writers cafe I was hardly a 12 or 13 years and I never thought about posting here something like this to start a new life here on writers cafe..I hope that I will get to read more writings of yours and as many as I read until now I liked all of those and I enjoyed reading them..
Keep writing..

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
1 Review
Added on April 26, 2018
Last Updated on April 26, 2018

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing