LONG TIME AWAY...

LONG TIME AWAY...

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

Being away from a writing community can have strange feelings...

"
There is something about being away from a writing community that makes you miss it so very much; such is true with yours truly. I joined the Writer's Cafe a few years ago, and I have done very well with stories and stuff. But somehow, I have slowed down a bit, either because I have run out of ideas for a bit or I had my mind focused on my job as a food service cleaner. It seems that I have both reasons for slowing down as well as being away from the Writer's Cafe. 
However, I plan to make up for lost time in the new year; but in the meantime, it is the holiday season, and the Christmas break for me happens to be the perfect time for me to be creative on things, among them is writing. So, this upcoming Christmas break would be the time to create things for the year to come, and once things happen, my audience would be happy in the year to come. 
This has not been an easy year for any of us, and that goes for me too; it seems that every time we hope for much better times, we get whiplashed time and time again. This pandemic has done such things, and a whole lot more; now, I do not like to say this over and over myself, but I wait and am still waiting for this pandemic to be over. There have been so many things that have prolonged the pandemic, and I am afraid that if they continue to do so, the health crisis might be around for much longer. 

But nevertheless, I still celebrate Christmas, no matter what. Back when I was living in Philadelphia, I love to celebrate Christmas; Christmas to me is such a nostalgic time of year. I used to decorate for the holiday while I put on CDs of Christmas oldies, just to get me into a nostalgic mood. 
But now I live in Delaware and I still celebrate, or try to celebrate to the best of my ability; but with so much going on in almost the past 24 months, you wonder if you still have that nostalgic magic left inside your heart and soul. 
This past year was hopeful at first with the vaccines, but then all of a sudden, things took a turn for the worst again; at times you feel like the rug has been pulled out from under you. However, despite this, I managed to find time in creativity just to make me feel as better as I can be. Now, none of us know now when the pandemic will ever end, but we keep waiting for the end to happen. 

I have had a good year as a writer/artist, and I hope and pray that the next year would be the same, and I hope that in this next year, everything would be a whole lot better for not only the country, but for the whole, entire world as well.  

© 2021 Jennifer Webster


Author's Note

Jennifer Webster
What do you think of my new piece?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on December 11, 2021
Last Updated on December 11, 2021

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing