STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN...

STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN...

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

Being away from the Writer's Cafe for some time makes me miss being at that community; here is how I plan to keep going here...

"
I have been away from the online writing community Writer's Cafe for quite some time; this pandemic has put other things for me to worry about on my mind, other than being at this here community. But there is word that this pandemic may be on the wane, so I am hoping that things in this life would improve, and would focus more on being on this community.
When I first joined this writing community in I think 2017, I thought that I would use this community to sharpen my writing skills; but as the years go by and I became an author as well as had gotten a job as a food service worker, somehow I slowed down in honing my writing skills. At the same time, I had begun to miss being at that community, and that I began to think that I miss writing for that community and maybe I can start writing for here again...
And so it is with that I had returned to the Writer's Cafe, and this happens to be the first piece I am writing for here; I am pretty much sure that those of you who have been reading my writing for the past few years are missing me, too. Since I have been practicing my writing starting with my old WordPress blog in 2012 (and ending my WordPress blog in 2019), it seems like I have honed my writing practice pretty well. 
However, it can be sometimes difficult for me to find a quiet place to concentrate on my writing; but when I do find that quiet place, then I can get right down to it! You certainly cannot write anything with a lot of noise. Meanwhile, there is another reason why I write, and continue to do so: I do it to escape from all of the bad things that have been playing on the 24-hour news cycles every day. Sometimes, bad news can really bring out a bad mood in a person. 
I am happy to devote my time to writing to this great writing community; whenever I can find the time, I write things not just for this writing community but for my blogs and other things. And I plan to write for the Writer's Cafe when time allows me to do so. Writing is a most wonderful thing, isn't it? 

© 2021 Jennifer Webster


Author's Note

Jennifer Webster
Writing, Practice, Thoughts

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on October 11, 2021
Last Updated on October 11, 2021

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing