HE JUST DOES NOT CARE: A Thought by Jenn Webster

HE JUST DOES NOT CARE: A Thought by Jenn Webster

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

Our last President never bothered to take this all-important job seriously; as a result, a pandemic occurred, which had led to disaster. Find out why now as I share my thoughts with you...

"
(AUTHOR'S NOTE: This happens to be the first piece that I have written for the Writer's Cafe in quite a long while; I plan to publish more pieces of mine in the future. In the meantime, I hope that you enjoy this monologue. Thank you-JW)

There is a new book out that chronicles how the Trump administration has handled the pandemic; and I think I know how our now-former President has handled this health crisis: very badly. Donald Trump has handled this pandemic in I think more stupid ways than just one: First, he kept on saying that this virus would go away while telling the country to just stay calm. He also said something that we wish he would not say: That the virus would disappear “like a miracle...like a miracle it would disappear.” And then, he would just downplay it, because in what I think he said, that he is afraid that it would hurt his chances of reelection. What kind of fool does he think he is?!
    We all know that this COVID-19 virus is more serious than any disease that has ever affected America, and still, Donald Trump only cared more about his reelection chances than about the fears of the many people who were about to be in danger from COVID. That has left all of us with no other choice but to try to take care of it on our own, with things such as social distancing, stay-at-home, stockpiling on things such as food and toilet paper, anything to keep all of us safe…
    But that was a year and a few months ago; things are so much different now than it was then, with vaccines being rolled out to help keep this virus under control…

Still, I am just trying to wrap my mind around how Donald Trump would be putting his own self in front of something so serious as a pandemic, and leaving Americans in danger; and why did he keep on ignoring signing stimulus deals just to go golfing while focusing on his own chances for a second term as President? 


And do you want to know why he messed up this health crisis? I think the answer is very simple: It is because Donald Trump just does not care. He only cares about only one thing, and that is himself.
    Trump does not care about any of us. He does not care about the 600,000+ people who have died from the virus, he does not care about the people who have lost their jobs due to this virus. He does not care about the many hearts that have been broken by so many people who have lost a loved one from the virus. He does not care how many children are crying in their sleep tonight because they have lost a mom and dad to this virus.
    Trump does not even care about the unemployed people who have been struggling to keep food on the table; he does not care about the families who live in fear of getting sick or being evicted. And he does not even care about so many people here in this great country of ours who have been suffering. All he cares about is himself, and only himself. 


And there could be fear that he might run for President again in 2024, and it might happen unless something is done to somehow reverse this; I have heard about Trump being a racist, and I know they are right: I have also learned that he is practicing to be a dictator, because he has been rubbing elbows with every single dictator he has met. That is the greatest fear that all of us should experience.
    I know that we now have a new and good President who is trying as hard as he could to put our country back to the way it was before. But I am still stunned at how our last President would do such horrible things like these which I have just mentioned; We would probably not ever know, but we may have to prepare for the next few years to come, because Trump may be seeking revenge. And if he does, we shall be ready. We voted him out before, and we shall have the power to vote him out again in a few years time. 


© 2021 Jennifer Webster


Author's Note

Jennifer Webster
I hope that you have enjoyed this monologue; please let me know what your own thoughts are by leaving a review! Thanks so very much!-JW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on June 30, 2021
Last Updated on June 30, 2021
Tags: Donald Trump, Covid, President, Pandemic, Racist, Dictator, Thoughts

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing