The Spirits of The Seasons

The Spirits of The Seasons

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

A little science-fantasy story about magic sprites who bring the nature of the seasons through their magic.

"
When each season comes around, there are
 enchanted beings that appear, and they are called The Spirits of The Seasons, and they represent a 
certain season in which they stand for…

Each sprite that represents a season comes out at that specific time,
whether it is spring, summer, autumn, or winter; It is during those times that they perform their most incredible magic…

She is the Spirit of Spring, a bee-like creature, and she comes out of a giant rose to use her magic powers to bring spring to the world; She awakens at the beginning of late March, and all throughout April and May she brings the flowers blooming, the warmth, the rain, and even brought the people outdoors, as well as the blooming of the daffodils!

She is the Spirit of Summer, and at the beginning of mid-June, she awakens from her seashell from under the sea to perform her magic on all things that summer stands for-She brings sunshine, hot weather, and sometimes thunderstorms to us! She even uses her magic to cause people to go to the beach, go swimming, and even have no school for the kids as well as a nice 4th of July barbecue! But wait-Once summer is officially over for 

another year, and it is very well time to hit the schoolbooks once again, that could mean that it’s time for the leaves to change, and for yet another spirit to appear… 

She is the Spirit of Autumn; Every year she awakens from her year-long sleep and comes out of her acorn to bring the beauty of fall to all of us. Of those that she brings: Cool, crisp weather, falling leaves, harvest time, apple cider, pumpkin spice, and even a brand-new school year, not to mention Halloween and Thanksgiving! But hark, do you feel that certain arctic chill in the air? It could only mean one thing-She has awakened from her year-long sleep to come out of her crystal winter diamond…

She is the Spirit of Winter, and she happens to be the one who has brought in the arctic cold to some parts of the world; She even brings in the snow and the ice, as well as all kinds of snowstorms, especially blizzards and even thundersnow! Yes, all those things that the Spirit of Winter does cause those who oversee the schools close, thus bringing in snow days for all children everywhere! Yes, with those cold days, of course, we would certainly need a coat…

And so, it is with that, my dearest friends, I have told you the tale of how those beautiful little sprites called The Spirits of The Seasons work their enchanted powers of nature to bring you all the most wonderful things that each season offers. So, the very next time that you should ever experience the weather to be cool, cold, warm, frigid, warm, or even hot, you can be certain that a spirit of a certain season is going to awaken...

© 2018 Jennifer Webster


Author's Note

Jennifer Webster
Say, what do you think of my charming little fantasy tale with a touch of science?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey , I loved this..Your imagination was nice indeed..I liked the title of this writing and your writing justified the title..The next time a new season starts I am sure that I will remember this writing at that time...I just felt one thing that it would have worked even if the font size was a bit small...Anyway , never mind...Overall , nice piece of writing...
Keep writing dear...

Posted 5 Years Ago


You appear to have a very well developed imagination. A bit of work on the presentation of this piece will do wonders.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 26, 2018
Last Updated on April 26, 2018

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing