Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
A Near-End-Of-Summer Tale from The Seas...

A Near-End-Of-Summer Tale from The Seas...

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

An article about achieving summer goals, as well as my new eBook, "The Sea Centaur"...

"
   I have had quite a pretty good summer, achieving goals of writing as well as reading; But now I can deserve myself another pat on the back, because I have written and published my newest eBook yet: My own version of Hans Christian Andersen's time-honored fairy tale classic, The Little Mermaid, only this time the main character is not a mermaid, but she happens to be from a race of people that happen to be part-human/part-seahorse-Yup, she is a sea centaur! 
   The story is pretty much the same, except for the change in mystical sea creatures; Now, the illustrations that accompany the new story in which yours truly has written happen to come from a source which had come into being way back in 2009, while I was living in Philadelphia...
   I had been practicing cartooning so that in the future I would draw better as well as hopefully share my work on some kind of media such as the one that we all use now, the internet. I had drawn a cartoon in which was originally titled Seahorse Girl: A Fantasy Love Story; Then I had saved the cartoons in a photo CD for preserve, while in the hopes that they would be saved for when I would have the right time to share them with the world sometime in the future; Well, nine long years have passed, and I think it is very well safe to say that the time is finally right to share my cartoons that I have done all those years ago with the general public, and I think that this must be the achievement that is surely worth the celebration. 

   The Sea Centaur focuses on Marisa, a young girl who belongs to a race of half-human/half-seahorse creatures called sea centaurs; One night, she meets and falls in love with a man named Nathan, who is an heir to a clothing empire. While sailing, Nathan sees that a storm has whipped up! He tries to steer the boat but falls off the boat in the storm... Marisa rescues Nathan and brings him to shore. Then she just could not take her eyes off the man that she now loves; And so, Marisa finds a way to bring Nathan into her heart...
   You folks just might have to find out about this for yourselves in this enchanting new eBook, written by yours truly and featuring my own cartoon illustrations in which I have drawn nearly a decade ago. If you would like to purchase your very own copy of The Sea Centaur, either for your Kindle or your smartphone or tablet device that has got a Kindle app, then may I very well suggest that you go to this link right here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G8FZ1T4 
   Well, in terms of what I had done in writing and art, summer for me is just about to come to a close, and then all of the kids shall soon be going back to school, while everyone else, especially yours truly, shall be going back to reality; This fall, I shall be heading back to do my volunteer work at ReadAloud in Dover, Delaware, and that it shall be until I am hired in a good, stable job. But even after the final traces of summer have disappeared, I shall still be writing and doing artwork and then sharing it to make people happy; After all, that's what I have done, and that is certainly what I would continue to do for the foreseeable future, hopefully...

   And oh, yes...with fall comes the fact that those little green canaries of football (the Philadelphia Eagles, and I do not mean any offense to the team's fans), as well as a certain British martian from a planet that is certainly not Mars, shall very well be on their way...(you crazy Whovians know darn well whom I am talking about, right?! RIGHT!!!)(PS: I shall explain about this very thoroughly in a future story, if time allows...)   

© 2018 Jennifer Webster


Author's Note

Jennifer Webster
Please let me know what you think of my article by leaving a comment; Thanks so very much!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on August 13, 2018
Last Updated on August 13, 2018
Tags: Summer, Writing Goals, The Sea Centaur, eBook, Illustrations, Hans Christian Andersen

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing