Summer Plans in the Writing...

Summer Plans in the Writing...

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

An article on making plans to spend my summer reading and writing...

"

       Summer is upon me, and for once, I really am not looking forward to it; Now, please do not get me wrong...Back when I lived in Philadelphia, I used to enjoy summer. But now that I live with my uncle and my aunt in Dover, Delaware (actually Felton, DE), somewhere in my mind I dread summer...Here is the reason: My uncle drives the school bus, and throughout the school year, he would drive the kids to and from school. Before I landed my food service cleaning job, back in October 2018, I would enjoy staying at home and to just enjoy the quietness of the house whenever my uncle was away driving the school bus and my first cousin would be at a school doing janitorial work.
       Now, with summer being just around the corner, I am going to know that these two people are going to be without jobs for a short period of the summertime, and that would surely also mean this: Be prepared to kiss the quietness goodbye, at least for those three months: June, July and August...Well, actually, the school year begins again in late August.
       And with the fact that my uncle and first cousin would be off work for a few months, I have this worry: I worry about how they are going to survive those few months; Now, I know that it is not any of my business, but my uncle and first cousin may somehow be going to look for other temporary jobs that would earn them some extra money. I am hoping as well as praying that nothing bad happens to my family throughout the entire season of summer as it approaches...


       Meanwhile, on the other hand, I have been doing a bit of pre-planning for my own summer; I am planning on spending my summer doing what I have done last summer: Writing stuff and reading books. After all, isn't what writers do all the time? Well, at least some if not all of the time...
       I have read somewhere that if you want to be a good writer, then you have to read a lot; I read myself, in fact, I would open a book and just focus on the words of the book while reading it for 60 minutes! Wow, that's a lot of time for one to read something, isn't it? But then again, I would get on a bus, and with only 15 minutes before I would reach my destination, I would read a book or eBook.
       Anyway, I am planning to begin my new chapter in my next career as an author as well as a food service cleaner; I have been doing a blog for a company called WordPress for the past 6-1/2 years, but the time came when I just could not do it anymore...I mean, I just cannot go on with the rest of my life blogging and just be and author and food service cleaner at the same time. It was either one or the others. I began to listen to my heart and began to choose the others: Author as well as a food service cleaner for a company called Sodexo at the Dover Air Force Base.

       So it was with that that, in March, I have made the announcement that I would be shutting down my WordPress-hosted blog, called KALEIDOSCOPE, on June 14th; And I pretty much guess they have already known of this by now, but I hope that they, as well as you, would get the idea.

       Meanwhile, I am very much prepared for the rest of my life, one that does not involve publishing blog posts almost every day; However, should I ever make the decision to return to blogging one of these days, then I would be doing so; But until that time ever happens, I would be concentrating on my work as a food service cleaner while making summer plans to read...and then write. 

© 2019 Jennifer Webster


Author's Note

Jennifer Webster
I hope that everyone enjoys my new article; Please let me know what you think of it as soon as possible. If you are busy with other things, then there is no rush. Take your time and thanks!-JW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on May 8, 2019
Last Updated on May 8, 2019
Tags: Sodexo, Dover Air Force Base, WordPress, Reading, Summer, Writing

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing