THE PAST FOUR MONTHS...

THE PAST FOUR MONTHS...

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

A little essay about how I have spent my first four months of my writing creativity.

"

  Four months have passed by since I have bid a fond goodbye to WordPress and blogging after 6 years to focus on my writing as well as my food service job. As one would ask me how those two months have been so far, well, let me say that it has its ups and downs, but I really do not want to get in on any of the details. Instead, I would like to share with you something that I had finally learned during those past four months.

    Earlier this year, I had begun to try Wattpad, a service in which you publish a story every week by presenting it in parts that lead up to a conclusion. At first, I had been having trouble learning how to do things Wattpad's way: I had tried to publish all of the parts into one story, but it did not generate a big audience like I wanted to, or at least think I would like to. Then, I read a how-to story on how to publish your story on Wattpad the right way, and then after taking a little while to practice, I finally learned how to become Wattpad famous, or at least I would like to be one of those days. 

    As you are reading this right now, I plan to publish a new Wattpad story in separate parts, a look at traditional holiday foods and desserts. I am also in the process of doing another tale for Wattpad, but for now the plot remains top-secret. I am so very glad that yours truly has learned the basics of Wattpad, and I hope to do more stories in the near future.

Now, there has been a change that has happened to me this week, and that has something to do with the fact of the hours of my food service job. The days of Monday-to-Thursday had been changed to Monday-to-Friday, while the hours have been changed from early in the morning to a little later in the morning. I understand the changes in the hours, but at least my uncle told me that I would make more money with those hours. I hope that he is right. 

    The thrill of summer that had once been had in that season has now since faded, replaced by Autumn leaves, cold weather, and pumpkin spice. And in a few months from now, arctic air would set in, and then the snow would begin to fall. Sure, I had a most extravagant summer, spending that time focusing on writing stuff as well as focusing on reading the words of every book and eBook. But the season has now ended, and I am trying to find any time to read something as well as to write things such as the one you folks are reading right now. But I know in my heart that I would find that time to write and do reading sooner or later, because I would not have anywhere to go in the next week due to my work schedule. After all, I really do need something to escape, right?


© 2019 Jennifer Webster


Author's Note

Jennifer Webster
Nothing special; Just tell me what you think of my new writing piece. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so very much!-JW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Glad you cracked wattpad. I tried it out for a year or more. Posted 4 stories. No readers, in all that time. Closed the account.
You are smart and diligent. You will do very good as a writer. Best Wishes.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 18, 2019
Last Updated on October 18, 2019
Tags: WordPress, Wattpad, Food Service, Story

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing