In The Pre-Dawn Hours...

In The Pre-Dawn Hours...

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

Hey, it's not always easy to walk to the bus stop for work before the sun rises; Yours truly can surely find a surprise or two that would scare me a bit.

"

There are certain times in which I do not ever like walking to the bus stop and the dark pre-dawn hours; There's always this fear that I might get bitten by a snake or something sinister such as that. The phone with one event in the pre-dawn hours one day that I would rather forget…

     Wow, yours truly was crossing the street one pre-dawn morning, I became frightened by a dog in which I think was a pit bull. In fact, I am thinking that it was a pit bull, and I'm guessing that this pitbull mistook me for a traffic worker or something, and he began to bark and growl loudly as he approached towards me!

     Never have I ever was so dadgum frightened that I began to scream for help. Just in time, a neighbor came to the rescue, and he took that dog back into the house. Yes, I was shaken, I was very thankful as well as relieved that I do not have a single scratch on my body or any rips in my work uniform. However, it was that unexpected event that made me realize that I need to be careful where I am walking, especially when I am walking to a bus stop in the pre-dawn hours.

I am so very glad or even relieved that this would be the last week I am walking to the bus stop in pre-dawn hours, because on Saturday night, we turn our clocks back one hour and daylight savings time will finally come to an end for another year. And of course, I will get those extra hours of sleep thank goodness! But I just don't know about that just yet: Sometimes I like to walk in the pre-dawn hours, and at other times I somehow get scared of doing so. But although I could get scared of certain things sometimes, I put on my brave face so that I could walk to the bus stop with courage. It's not always easy to walk to someplace in the hours before dawn, but if you could walk in those pre-dawn hours with a group of friends, then I think that things would be all right. 


© 2019 Jennifer Webster


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

If you're like me, you enjoy the quiet of morning time, so it's a shame there are dangers out there. And a growling pit bull, now that should scare anybody. Safety in numbers--that's the solution.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
1 Review
Added on October 31, 2019
Last Updated on October 31, 2019
Tags: Pre-Dawn, Pit Bull, Scream, Clocks

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing