A THANKSGIVING MESSAGE

A THANKSGIVING MESSAGE

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

An essay about the holiday that is known as Thanksgiving, and why we should always honor it in spite of all that is going on in the world...

"
It is time once again to experience a holiday in which we get a chance to show our gratitude for the things that we have in this lifetime as well as what we can be grateful for in the years to come.
      However, there are, I think, many other people who struggle to find a way to think of something in which they could be thankful for; And yet, with a lot of bad things going on in their lives in this past year alone, it seems that those people just do not seem to bother thinking about what they should be thankful at Thanksgiving this year, and always. All they care about is wondering if they can have turkey and mashed potatoes and other kinds of foods like that.
      But Thanksgiving happens to be about so much more than just the turkey and mashed potatoes and stuffing and even that green bean casserole. Thanksgiving is about being thankful for having the most important things that we still have in this life, such as family, food, shelter, and clothing. And yes, Thanksgiving is about being thankful for the goals that we have accomplished this year and whatever kinds of goals that we can achieve in the year to come.
We should be grateful as the holiday approaches for the many important things that we have in this lifetime, and so very much more. Thanksgiving is a holiday that is about and what should always be about: Giving thanks. The Holy Bible itself speaks it this way: “Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you…” (1 Thessalonians 5:18, NLT) Yes, we should always be thankful in good things, bad things, things that make sense, and things that do not make any sense at all. In fact, we should ALWAYS be thankful, not just at Thanksgiving, but every day of the year. A very happy & blessed Thanksgiving to one and all.

© 2019 Jennifer Webster


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on November 20, 2019
Last Updated on November 20, 2019
Tags: Thanksgiving, Holy Bible, thankful, gratitude, holiday

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing