This Beautiful Thing Called Christmas…

This Beautiful Thing Called Christmas…

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

A short essay on why Christmas should always be beautiful.

"
     There are so many things that I have seen in my life that are beautiful as anything in this lifetime; Beautiful things such as weddings, graduations, birthdays, baby showers. And yes, I have seen beautiful flowers, beautiful streams of water, and even beautiful birds that fly over a beautiful blue sky.
      But what if I tell you about the most beautiful thing that happens not once in a lifetime, but every year around this time? A beautiful thing that involves Santa Claus, presents, a Christmas tree, and reindeer flying through the sky? Yes, that beautiful thing that I am talking about is Christmas, and Christmas is the most beautiful thing in all the earth, because it is the most important holiday of all time.
      And why, do you ask? Well, Christmas involves a very special meaning, and it means something happened over 2,000 years ago in Bethlehem. You see, an angel named Gabriel was sent to earth to choose a virgin named Mary, and to give her a message that she should deliver a Son, a Son, who would deliver us from the evil of sin that has plagued mankind. Mary and her husband named Joseph would travel to Bethlehem to find a place to stay, and there she grew weary… “…She gave birth to her firstborn Son. She wrapped Him snugly in strips of cloth and laid Him in a manger, because there was no lodging available for them.” (Luke 2:7, NLT) 

    And then, the angels came down from heaven to give this news to the shepherds… “’The Savior-yes, the Messiah, the Lord-has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David…You will find a baby wrapped snugly in strips of cloth, lying in a manger.” (Luke 2:11, 12, NLT)
      So you see, Christmas is the most beautiful thing is all of the world, because a King had been born to save us all from the evil of sin that has plagued mankind, and to promise to bring peace into the world. Christmas is beautiful because of the birthday of the Prince of Peace. God sent His Son to be born into this world to take our place as punishment and to save us all, not to mention the fact that he had taught us how to love, give, and to be kind to one another. Another thing that Christmas is the most beautiful thing of all is that it has taught us love, because He first loved us.
      So, if you would like to have something beautiful in your life, celebrate Christmas, and let it teach you how to love and give from the heart, as well as to be kind to one another. And we should always have this most beautiful thing called love, not just at Christmas, but all through the year, and far beyond. “Three things will last forever-faith, hope, and love-and the greatest of these is love.”

      A very merry, blessed, and beautiful Christmas to one and all.
            ©2019 Jenn Webster 

© 2019 Jennifer Webster


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on December 13, 2019
Last Updated on December 13, 2019
Tags: Christmas, Beautiful, Savior, Santa Claus, Peace, Essay

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing