When in Doubt, Write Something in the New Year...

When in Doubt, Write Something in the New Year...

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

A nice, little thought about what I plan to bring to you members of this great writing community in the new year...

"
This happens to be my very first new entry for this wonderfully great writing community in the new year/decade that is 2020, and I for one am looking forward to bring more of the same stories and stuff to you…
      Now that it is the first week of the new year/decade, I had begun to decide what I would like to do first; However, I had spent part of New Year’s Day creating and putting the illustrations together for my upcoming Wattpad story. I have already written the manuscript for the story, so all I have to do is to create my own illustrations to accompany my story. I could only imagine the looks on each Wattpad reader’s faces when I finally present my new story to them.
      Of course, there are other writing projects that I plan on doing in the new year. In fact, that’s what people in the writing business would ALWAYS tell you-To write more in the new year, even if you are having one too many bad days. So it is with that that I should continue into this new year to do more of the same: Write things such as stories, blog posts, things for websites, etc. Speaking of which, I would like to announce something to you that’s going to change the way you enjoy my work a whole lot more: Starting on January 13th, I shall be starting my very own website. Yes, a website featuring yours truly and my very own work! Now this new website shall be created with the help of the people of Wix.com, and the plans for this new website of mine would be to feature news of my work, as well as original stories, and other surprises that you just cannot find in any other website! So, be watching, because on January 13th, I shall make the announcement that I have started my website, and then share my new web address with you all.
Meanwhile, I would like to share something else with you...It’s hard for me sometimes to concentrate on writing what you yourself is supposed to write, especially when your family around you starts yelling and screaming and then you cannot hear yourself think. So as such, I try and find quiet places for me to write alone, without any distractions, such as a public library or a coffee shop. Also, there is something else that has become something of a nuisance to me: Trying to write something you have just thought of only to have it trail away from your mind, and then you just cannot think of anything to write once you are at the keyboard!
      Now that this new year has begun, I am going to try and not do something like this again: Get an idea and then stick with it once you hit the keyboard. There is simply nothing more distracting as getting ready to type on a keyboard with a good idea, only to have your ideas disappear from your mind once you do! One hates when that happens…
      While I am excited for the new year, giving me the chance to create new writing projects, I am also sad that the Christmas holiday season is now over, and that we all have to return to reality. And yes, that also means that my cousin’s son is going to be back at school again after a much-needed break, and I am thinking that he would be back with his mother a well. I am worried for my aunt and uncle; I have this fear that they might be raising their own grandson for the rest of their lives if, God forbid, should the worst ever happen to his mother or his own family. I am praying that my uncle and aunt would find some way to go into retirement peacefully without incident.

And now, if you folks would excuse me, I’ve got to go and write what I am supposed to write...As well as to honor a certain British martian...by filling her shoes with thumbtacks!!!(Ha ha ha ha ha!) 

      © 2020 Jenn Webster


© 2020 Jennifer Webster


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on January 6, 2020
Last Updated on January 6, 2020
Tags: Writing, New Year, Thoughts

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing