The Kind Teacher

The Kind Teacher

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

A school teacher shows kindness to a homeless man, and so much more.

"

      Class was over for another day for Mr. Ennis. He packed all his work stuff into his briefcase and headed out the door of the school to drive home. As he began to head to the car, he sees a homeless man on the street; He had been out on the street ever since he could not ever pay the rent because he had lost his job and does not have any money for food, not even a roof over his head. Now, he is out on the street, begging, begging for anything to pay for food.
      Mr. Ennis heart began to break for this man and began to think that he needed to do something about it. So, he invited the homeless man into the back of his car, and he drove him to his apartment. Later, he began to make dinner for himself and the homeless man, and when he had finished cooking, he served the dinner. While they were eating, the homeless man told Mr. Ennis about how he had got into this situation of being on the streets-He had been using drugs. He then continued how he had been happily married to a beautiful woman for so many years, and then how she had been lying to him and began cheating on him. Since their divorce, he continued, he had been looking for something to ease his pain, and that was then he turned to drugs.
      And then, he went on how his drug addiction had affected his work as well as his home life, which then led to his arrest, and his rehabilitation. But despite this, he went on, it depleted him of his finances, and he had been out of a job since his arrest, and just could not afford to pay the rent. He then concluded that he had been homeless ever since.


That conversation had made Mr. Ennis think that he should do something to help this man even more. So, he invited the poor man to sleep here overnight, in which he did. The next day, Mr. Ennis took the homeless man to a homeless shelter while he went to school. Then, he took the man to a special service in a building which helps former drug addicts get fully back on their feet; The service features things such as job training, health, and education, among others.
      Two years later, the man who was once homeless because of his drug addiction is now a clean man, and he has been working in his new job great as well. And I think we know whom this man must thank: A kind, caring teacher named Mr. Ennis.

        ©2020 Jenn Webster


© 2020 Jennifer Webster


Author's Note

Jennifer Webster
Please tell me what you think of my first new story of the new year; Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!-JW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on January 14, 2020
Last Updated on January 14, 2020
Tags: Mr. Ennis, Teacher, Homeless, Drugs

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing