An Abandoned, Empty World…

An Abandoned, Empty World…

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

A visional thought on what the entire world would look like if this pandemic continues...

"
It has been many weeks since March when this pandemic has come along and had ruined everything that we have been planning for months; Not only that, it has also ruined plans for such milestone events as weddings, graduations, and birthdays. It has also ruined school years for many children in America, as their schools have been closed for the rest of the school year, with absolutely no intention of reopening until the fall. If that was not enough, it has also ruined, or is about to ruin, the lives of many who have a small business. And I know that they need funds/money to keep things running, but if they do not, then small business would come to ruin, and then they would be closed forever.
       I looked at an image of an old building that is now abandoned and filled with graffiti; As I looked at it, it began to remind me of what would happen if the elected officials do not get their act together and find a very sensible way to end this pandemic, then that is what this great country is going to look like: An abandoned and very empty world.
       We do not want to live in a world where there is nothing more than greed, hate, selfishness, and division, especially during such a time of crisis as this. Presidents are supposed to lead people and to help them out of this crisis, and such a president as the one we have now is certainly not acting like any president we have in the past. He lies, he blames everyone but himself, and keeps on calling media outlets such as CNN “fake news”. More so, he keep saying, I think, that he takes no responsibility for all of the damage that he has caused, and I as well as hopefully all of you fear that if he keeps on acting in this kind of behavior, our country and our world are going to be plunged into extreme danger and darkness.
 Our president has no love in his heart; He is also very greedy, selfish, and full of narcissism. If he is ever going to help us out of this crisis, then we would like for him to act like a real, true president, have real, true love in his heart, and be kind, caring, and to share things with others. In short, he must stop Tweeting, stop calling the media “fake news” and act like a caring president like Obama was. There is no time for any greed, hate, selfishness, division, and narcissism, especially in this crisis. 
       An empty, abandoned world is what is going to happen unless we try our darndest to get our heads together and to find a way out of this crisis, and I think that some of our elected officials, especially the governor of Delaware, are doing just that: Reopening our economy in phases, and I think that we are in phase one, and I think that’s a pretty good start, don’t you think?
       I hope and pray with all my heart that we do not want to live in an empty, abandoned world. We hope for things to get as much brighter as possible and for this virus that has caused the pandemic can finally be controlled once and for all. What we all need to live in is a world that is filled with happiness, joy, love, and abundance. I hope that day is going to come soon.
                      ©2020 Jenn Webster 

© 2020 Jennifer Webster


Author's Note

Jennifer Webster
Please tell me what you think of what I had just written; Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!-JW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on May 12, 2020
Last Updated on May 12, 2020
Tags: Pandemic, Ruin, Small Business, Hope, Prayer, President, Love

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing