Good Neighbors

Good Neighbors

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

There are some neighbors who are good, especially during a pandemic, and others who are not...

"
Throughout the past few months since this pandemic started, I have endured what my family and I must go through in this crisis. I do not think any day is a good day. However, we try to move forward as best as we can, trying to keep our chins up while making through these hard days and nights.
     Yet, during those difficult times, I see and hear stories of people who are doing good for one another during this pandemic. I guess that, even in the midst of bad news everywhere in this world, there happens to be as much good news left to be found, and I think that we should take on good news in this pandemic while we can. These wonderful people are called good neighbors, neighbors who do something good to make this world a brighter place; People such as those who raise money for charities that need it during a crisis, people who put on car parades for a person’s birthday, or graduation. There are good neighbors who help buy and carry groceries for those who cannot go out. And there are good neighbors who pray for those who are sick during this crisis.
     Yes, we do have good neighbors, and do you want to know something else? I wish that our President were a good neighbor like all of us. When he was elected our nation’s President in 2017, we all thought he would be just as caring as Obama was. Instead, in the four years since he was President, he has become cruel, heartless, and evil. He does not care about you, or me, or anybody in this country: All he ever cares about is himself. 
He does not care about the people who have been laid off or furloughed due to the pandemic and are now trying to make ends meet. He does not care about our Armed Forces, who patrol our great country day and night. He does not care about the almost 100,000 people who have died from this disease and their families who are mourning for them. Our President does not ever care about our Post Office, who workday and night through wind, rain, and snow, to get the mail delivered and that they need funding now more than ever, especially during this pandemic crisis.
     Our President does not ever care about our children who miss going to school because those schools are closed, as well as their parents who have been suddenly forced to give up going to their places of work to stay home or work from home because of the pandemic, and that they now have to take care of their children at the same time, homeschooling as well. There is also one more thing: Our president does not ever care if our essential workers get sick themselves or even injured, or worse, get killed.
     Yes, our nation’s President does not ever care about any of us in this great country of ours; All he ever cares about is tweeting day and night, calling the media “fake news”, and to bully Democrats as well as dig up dirt on other politicians, just so for the sake of his own political game.
My friends, it is very well time to tell our President that we are in the midst of a pandemic crisis, and that the time for playing politics is over: It is time he start acting like a true American President and care for every one of us, especially during such a time as now. He needs to stop tweeting, stop accusing the media and calling them “fake news”, stop torturing Democrats, and behave like any true President like Obama was.
     Mr. President, please act like a good neighbor and start treating Democrats like they are supposed to be treated. Show compassion for the many people who have lost loved ones due to COVID-19. Please help the essential workers who are in fear of getting injured or killed. Show support for our Armed Forces, especially the men and women in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard. Offer love and support to the parents who have been forced to work from home as well as care for the children who have been forced to homeschool because their schools have been closed. And please, please Mr. President, show some love, respect, and support for those who are in the Post Office, who are now working night and day during this pandemic to deliver mail to the people. And if you have any love in your heart, please offer those people funding, instead of raising charges.
     And one more thing, Mr. President: Please offer love and friendship to the Democrats. They did not do anything wrong to deserve this. Please treat them with respect and love. Please make peace with them, and please make friends with them. If you would do all these things, Mr. President, then you would surely make this world a much better place than it is now. Thank you.
                   ©2020 Jenn Webster

© 2020 Jennifer Webster


Author's Note

Jennifer Webster
Thank you for reading my new piece; Please tell me what you think of it, and if there are any changes that you would like for me to make, please let me know! Thank you!-JW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on May 22, 2020
Last Updated on May 22, 2020
Tags: Pandemic, Crisis, Neighbors, Good, President

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing