Life in Those Past Few Months Can Be Complicated…

Life in Those Past Few Months Can Be Complicated…

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

Here is an all-new article about how complicated things could be in the past few months since the pandemic began; But somehow, you've got to keep sane in the hardest of conditions.

"
At the very beginning of the year, I had been planning on writing and publishing new stories for this here writing community, as well as a new writing contest, just as I had done writing contests in the previous years. And things in this life would be a lot sweeter had it not been for this pandemic that had struck back in March. And because of this, I had been furloughed from my job as a food service cleaner at Sodexo for ServiceSource, and according to them, I am furloughed until at least July 30; However, I had gotten word that I could be returning to my job earlier than that, so I shall wait and see what happens.
     In the meantime, I had been busy during my time off from work creating works of my writing, for things not just for the Writer’s Café, but for my blogs and other stuff. I have to keep active during this trying time, because if I don’t, I could go crazy. And you will not like it anyway when I am crazy, right? Anyway, we are living in a time of uncertainty, which means we do not have any certainty of how long would this pandemic last or when it will end; of how we are going to pay the bills or feed our children? Or how anything in our lives are ever going to get better. None of us have the answers, but all we can do is just push on and wait with hope and prayer.
     And now, we‘ve come to the subject of plans for a new writing contest; Now, at this time, things have been pretty much kept under wraps. With things in our lives pretty much unraveled at the moment, I am not sure at this point whether to go on with those contest plans or to just simply cancel them altogether. However, I shall tell you this: One way or another, I will do the very best I can to arrange for an announcement, and once my own arrangements are in place, then I shall finally be able to announce my new writing contest to all of you, just as I have done in the past few years.

It seemed like only yesterday when I had become an author back in 2017; since those three years went by, I had been busy writing and doing artwork and such. You know how the saying goes: Funny how time flies when you are having fun, and believe me, those three years have sure flown by since I have decided to become an author. I am hoping that sometime in the near future, I would continue to be able to make people happy in times of good and bad. And right now, since this happens to be such a bad time, I hope that I would continue to make people happy. No matter what.
            ©2020 Jenn Webster


© 2020 Jennifer Webster


Author's Note

Jennifer Webster
So, what do you folks think of my article? Any feedback is gratefully appreciated! Thanks!-JW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on June 19, 2020
Last Updated on June 19, 2020
Tags: Pandemic, Sodexo, ServiceSource, Writing, Writing Contest

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing