How Writers Can Survive...

How Writers Can Survive...

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

Here is a new article that I have written about how writers can somehow keep active in this trying atmosphere...

"
Well, whether any of us would like it or not, we may be heading for the worst, as is the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic; one of the ways that has helped us and continues to help us keep from going insane is to stay active, and among the things in which to stay active is to write, and to keep writing. I know, 2020 was not the greatest year of all time, but the best we can do is to try and make the absolute best of this apocalyptic year as best as we can.
     Now, writing is indeed one of the best ways to stay active, and anybody’s best suggestion is that you write every day; however, there are things that can sideline us and just make us take a break for a while, such as health and family concerns. I had been planning to write more fun stuff in the future when I had gotten a migraine headache, and it is very well impossible to write and create something when you have got a migraine. So, I just gave up what I wanted to do and just take care of my migraine first. When it went away, then I would continue writing in order to keep active to stay sane during a health crisis…
     So, if there was a question any writer would ask me, it would be this: How does a writer like yourself survive during a pandemic? Well, so far I have managed to survive this incredibly difficult time by keeping active with a lot of things, and I would write great things based on my own ideas, which grow into things that would make the reader escape to a different time and place from the real world, which is do dismal right now it practically stinks.

Now, if any of you writers want to survive and to continue to survive during this most devastating health crisis in our lives, then I would suggest the following things: Keep writing, keep creating. If something more important than your creativity keeps you from doing what you love, then that is OK: Just take a break and just focus on the important stuff. When you have finished with the important stuff, then you can go back to doing what you love the very best.
     Now, here are some other tips for writers if they want to keep going:

·       If you have a great idea and if it keeps living in your head, get it out of your head, but stick with the idea.

·       Once that idea is in your head, whether for a story or an article such as this one, then write that idea down! People will love the fact that you have written and shared your idea with the world!

·       And finally,…Someone said, “When the going gets tough, the tough get going”; no matter how tough things are going to get, then just keep on going, just do not quit. Remember: A winner never quits and a quitter never wins.

©2020 Jenn Webster


© 2020 Jennifer Webster


Author's Note

Jennifer Webster
So, what do you folks think of my new article? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance!-JW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on September 26, 2020
Last Updated on September 26, 2020
Tags: Pandemic, Writing, Active

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing