Why I Still Write...

Why I Still Write...

A Story by Jennifer Webster
"

There happens to be a very good reason why I still write, and I would very much like to share that with you now...

"

I had an emotional episode recently in which I began to feel grief over the loss of my job and the fact that my relationship with my family is on rough waters; First, I was grieving over the fact that I have been furloughed for a little over a year, and while I was grieving, I began to have these thoughts: What did I do wrong to deserve such a long furlough as this? I had done such a fantastic job at work, so why did I have to be furloughed for such a very long time?
  And then, I began to have other thoughts about my family, and that my relationship with them being on stormy waters: My family has been so good to me in the past years since the death of my stepfather, so how did things somehow go south for me and my family? Was it the fact that they had paid more attention to my cousin’s son than to me? Or don’t they even care that I am a talented writer and artist, and instead just care about the fact that I need to focus on taking care of myself and act like an adult?
  Those emotional episodes have overwhelmed me, much so that I needed something to take my mind off of them; so why do I think that writing is one of the ways I can escape those emotions? Why is that? 


It is because writing has helped me emotionally as well as mentally; without it, I would then end up going nutsy-banana-cuckoo-crazy, and who knows what would happen to me next if I do not use writing to help me through these tough times.
  You see, I write, and I still do, and I do not plan on slowing down anytime soon. Writing is one of those forms of creativity that I love so very much, and would continue to love doing perhaps until the day I die, though I do not know what day that would be; only the Lord God knows. Writing has become the greatest helper of my mental state that one such as myself would ever have, and I would never trade something as special as writing for anything in the world.
  Summer is coming soon, and I know that with that coming season, I know that I am going to need something to keep me busy; that is what writing is for, something that helps you get through the day, no matter what day it is. I love to write, and I love writing, always have, always will...


© 2021 Jennifer Webster


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on May 7, 2021
Last Updated on May 7, 2021
Tags: Writing, Episodes, Emotional, Family, Work, Thoughts

Author

Jennifer Webster
Jennifer Webster

Felton, DE



About
I formerly lived in Philadelphia but I now live in Felton, DE; I am a writer, author, and cartoonist, and I am currently taking time off as a food service worker for a company called Sodexo at the Do.. more..

Writing