The Hunt

The Hunt

A Story by Jenny
"

I had to write a short story for english and decided to write this sooo..... yeah

"

Morbidly cold air chills my skin as I awaken in the darkness. I’m surrounded by pure white snow. And as I look up from my left to my right I see only evergreen. 

 Where am I? I hear animals in the distance and I tremble. And an undeniable fear over takes me, while the full moon reflects off the snow and creates an eerie light that weaves in between the trees painting the ground. The wind forcefully picks up, straining my breathing. Then I slightly pick up my head to find footprints trailed in the snow and it’s clear that I am not alone.


With stiff limbs I attempt to shift. My soaked clothing and frozen body make movement nearly impossible. But slowly I get to my feet and follow the trail.

One uncertain step after another, I stumble until I hear a faint but familiar ring.

The closer I get to the sound I hear a buzz along with it and move quickly towards the familiar annoyance silently screaming for joy. Adrenaline pushes me to a newborn's sprint, nearly falling over myself trying to get to familiarity. It's in a camp fire circle and right there on the other side of the rock is my black berry, red light blinking, and alarm blaring in blood stained hands.

            My scream pierces the night, cuts through the air, and ripps open the eyes of the red man. 

    He wakes so fast that I stumble and fall backwards.

            “Run,” he says faintly, slowly turning his head to the side. And suddenly whips it back at me and yells "RUN!" His icy stare is lightning striking my body. 

    Instead of killing me, instantly, it brings me to life and I'm off. Shooting past every tree faster than I can breath, faster than I can see, I run. My mind doesn't know where it's going but my body does. On autopilot, I make tight turns and slight drops at full speed and take flight.

   And then I hear dogs barking behind me that shock me back into the pilots seat. But I don't know how to fly and propelle myself right into a rock and tumble down the hill. Beating my head, crushing shoulders, slashing knees, and twisting feet until I'm flat on my face at the bottom. And I look when I finally look up, I'm blinded by two lights. The memory of that wicked grin flashes. And my world goes black.    .

© 2017 Jenny


Author's Note

Jenny
I'm playing around with this short story...I really didn't like how I did it back in high school but I think it has potential. Tell me what you think. lots of love <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

is this talking about hunting some animals my dear

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jenny

7 Years Ago

the main character is being hunted
Written very well but leaves the reader wanting to know much more about ..#1. red man # 2 how and why did she end up in the snow blacked out,# 3 who has the blood stained hands etc. Valentine
etc.etc.etc.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jenny

7 Years Ago

thanks for the review :)

this was the edited version of a short story that i wrote in.. read more
I think its way too short tbh but idk lol

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

339 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 28, 2014
Last Updated on January 10, 2017

Author

Jenny
Jenny

NY



Writing
Words Words

A Poem by Jenny