And now I remember

And now I remember

A Story by Jenny
"

just my thoughts from about a year ago. it's an interesting journal but i felt like sharing it

"
It's not always easy to remember why we get up in the morning, why we sleep, or eat. The laughs and good times help. But when the pain hits it's like a flash flood, never see it coming but leaves tremendous disaster in its wake. 
Then things like the last time we laughed until our ribs hurt and smiled wider than a slice of watermelon are distant memories. And I wonder if it would be better if I let it eat me alive, the monster that creeps inside my mind telling me that I'm not good enough. Other times I'm reminded how pitiful it is to beat myself up when there are "real problems in the world."  
And then by some miracle I find a way though the darkness, usually lured by a speck of light leading me back to a clear head. It isn't an immediate fix. It takes days of  going through the day with an empty smiles. And remembering all the things in life that make me happy, and craving to feel them again. So patiently I'll live each day. I'll sleep in a river of tears less frequently. And before I know it, the memories of my family, friends, hobbies, goals, achievements, all the things that bring me joy, will do just that, bring joy back into my life. All to remember why I live.

© 2017 Jenny


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is relatable. Even I have felt the same way you did sometimes. I guess, even here.. as an Idea you have got something BIG. Only the extra effort needs to be put in to elaborate it. Why not share a couple of experiences in your life that you remember at times like this. What makes you remember why you live?
If you are able to use this and write a short story with a different character (the experiences could be your own but try speaking in third person ;) ) This is an effective technique in being able to implement great storytelling but also gather new insights to yourself as a person. Good luck :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jenny

7 Years Ago

You really think that this could be a short story? This was actually a journal entry from my old blo.. read more
With God, all things are possible, it doesn't pay to ever just give up. Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 11, 2017
Last Updated on January 26, 2017

Author

Jenny
Jenny

NY



Writing
Words Words

A Poem by Jenny