The Games We Play

The Games We Play

A Poem by ms. understood

Did you know what the consequences of your actions would be?
When you slid yourself inside of me for the first time
How I would want this for a life time and not just a good time
I became so quickly enamored with the idea of something greater than what we would ever become
That I lost myself in your lust
Searching for what could be love
Even though for you, it was all a quick f**k
Though, who am I to have a say?
When I agreed on this arrangement in the first place
I'd speak my truth
But that would only make you walk away
And all I want is for you to stay close to my lifeless body
Where you don't belong

© 2019 ms. understood


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

sounds like a case of getting "caught up in the moment" and then second-guessing afterwards or even having regrets. consequences are the last thing we think of in the heat of the moment. we want a commitment with meaning and loyalty - not just a fling. "if wishes were horses, beggars would ride." ... :)

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ms. understood

4 Years Ago

Couldn’t have said it better!



Reviews

Give a Listen to "Candles" by Daughter. It isnt the same idea exactly but reminds me of it :)

Posted 4 Years Ago


How can something be so romantic, painful and sensual all wrapped in one?
I feel like most girls have been there. I included. Thank you for putting this feeling into words, I feel like I had to read it to realize it.

Posted 4 Years Ago


I’ve also been there 😂 I’ve been in a lot of flings with attached women who in the beginning wanted nothing more than a side affair but soon wanted much more.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ms. understood

4 Years Ago

Its such a tricky predicament to navigate! Not sure I’ll ever be doing this again...would rather b.. read more
Lyrically Inclined

4 Years Ago

I don’t know about all that, celibacy is also a curse!😂
ms. understood

4 Years Ago

Also very true!!!
How the spur of the moment becomes an irreversible moment and so many thoughts can hinge on that moment.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ms. understood

4 Years Ago

There is much pleasure in risk....
Really good sis. Real good.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ms. understood

4 Years Ago

Thank you!
This story, unfortunately, is all too common. When a young guy sees a beautiful girl - her face, her b***s, her butt - his wisdom goes out the window and he acts by impulse with no regard for his actions or the consequences that may follow. It's all about pleasure, or what some people refer to as pump and dump.

If he's sly, he will probably become a womanizer, convincing them to do what he wants. I've seen this many times but one guy. He had loads of woman in his bed.

As a guy, I've never understood that. I would think you'd want to spend as much time with one girl as much as you could. Especially if you're attracted to her. But, I guess the responsibilities are too much for some guys.

Anyway, I'm probably way off the mark here, but nice poem. You expressed yourself well.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ms. understood

4 Years Ago

Not even slightly off in your interpretation. I am glad that you "aren't one of those guys." It is q.. read more
another gem...and again, your endings are to die for...the last two lines really wrapped this present up perfectly...

sometimes we can't just be satisfied with the physical...we want the emotional to go with it...
friends with benefits has its drawbacks...as do one-night-stands...commitment eventually is what we seek.
really good piece of work here.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ms. understood

4 Years Ago

I love and appreciate this review so much!!
this is quite articulately stated, and rather thought-provoking. this is my interpretation from my own experiences, but as a guy. so maybe don't take it personal. you.

you say you want it for a lifetime rather than a good time. this implies what you want is a relationship with long-term stability. then you say you want the idea of something greater, which implies dissatisfaction but also a longing for something more, probably that stability again. then you say you want for him to stay close to you, again that stability of a relationship, even if your body is lifeless but honey your soul isn't! yet there's subtext in this poem that i can't explain and so i don't think what you really want is that stability, i think you want someone for just a moment to look right into you: to see you at your core. but that's too hard to admit because it would feel like being seen naked by a stranger and you'd run for all the clothes in your closet and all the shields and walls you could possibly put up. i think you both want this and are afraid of it too. that's what you really want.

thank you for sharing this. sorry for my masonic psychoanalysis. i have much enjoyed looking at your words like they were walls around you. i happen to be really good at climbing over them :) cheers, cherie.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

PaintedBirdy

4 Years Ago

i promise you'll get who you want, because i have the magic of miracles. but yeah don't stay with th.. read more
ms. understood

4 Years Ago

You may be my new favorite person! Haha
PaintedBirdy

4 Years Ago

i didn't mean to read into you! i think you're trouble!
cute trouble :p

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 17, 2019
Last Updated on July 18, 2019

Author

ms. understood
ms. understood

About
Discovering a new version of myself through poetry. If you have any books, movies, art, etc that you care to share please message me. I am always looking for something new that keeps me creative. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


23 23

A Poem by yourfavscorpio


Tempest Tempest

A Poem by Anna