Life is Always EXPLAINED on the Other Side of the Porch

Life is Always EXPLAINED on the Other Side of the Porch

A Chapter by kurama247
"

A prologue of sorts.

"

So the setting here is almost always the same- the back porch to my upper-middle class home. A two story house with a basement and a separate porch around the front door. Walk out my basement door you'll walk onto concrete, but if you look up your eyes can follow support  beams that reach a wooden deck over your head. Look to your left you'll see 'my mother's' garden (only called that because that's where we put most of the plants I buy her for Mother's Day, which has kind of become a tradition for me to do). An unfinished fountian, three rose bushes, three brushes of some plant I don't even know, and my itty-bitty evergreen are all that are there besides the red mulch on the ground. Look to your right and immediatly after the lawn mowers scattered about is a landscaping wall that holds up our make-shift garden of weeds and freshly planted sappling bushes. At the top of that is our porch.

Right at the direct top is our sitting area of sorts. The woods a different type or hasn't been stained or finished as many times as the rest, but you can tell it's newer than the rest. A third of the way through that are some brick looking steps. Seven of them to be precise. And the sixth up is three times longer than the rest. Theres eight sunlights along the side of that and it leads to the driveway and the garage. There's almost always the Cavaleir in the garage, and the Lumina and Windstar are always alternating spots on the driveway.

Going back to the porch, if you go farther than the sitting area, you come to the hand railings. Then farther up are the six stairs- getting smaller the farther you go up for a swooping effect. Then at the top is a large area and in the senter is a half a hexagon shape that has our glass door in it. the only things there are the barbeque and several scattered flower pots.

My family is a normal family- if you could call it normal. What is normal? Is it just as we percive it? Is normal different for each of us? I don't know... Still, I have a mom and dad and two brothers- one is older the other is younger. My folks get along half the time and can't stop arguing the other half. I percieve it as normal, I guess you can call it what you want.



© 2009 kurama247


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on October 25, 2009


Author

kurama247
kurama247

About
My friend told me to join since I was writting so much poetry. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by kurama247


And They Meet And They Meet

A Chapter by kurama247