this is unfinished..its open for suggestions to continue the stub

this is unfinished..its open for suggestions to continue the stub

A Story by Jessie
"

read title

"

I was asleep. I had to have been. There was no other explanation of how I couldn’t recollect all the screams and suffering that was going on all around me. Not to remember the twisted faces, the blood-soaked walls, and the sullen faces of the people who knew the end was inevitable. The people who tried to escape got it the worse. They would be attacked like a pack of wolves finding an injured deer. There was no hope for a pain-free death if you tried to escape. Your flesh would be peeled back and your eyes would be plucked from their sockets by special tools designed to make an example of anyone who tried to break free.

I was awake now. The screams seemed so fresh after a long night of being asleep standing, waiting in a line and being shoved ahead by someone who was so tortured by the screams of hearing everyone they knew be killed like they didn’t even exist, and just wanted to get over it. Everyone knew that each time a new scream pierced the dank air, it was a new person being offered up, and as soon as the scream was done, so was that person. It was a long wait. No one here actually wanted to die, but it was the knowledge that there was nothing else you could do, and to obey and accept your death was the least painful way to go through with it.

More screams came from the front as a woman and her baby were being forced apart as the baby was being carried forth by one of the men who also monitored escape attempts. A baby’s scream emitted from the notorious “front lobby” and the baby was no more. No one knew why we were being sent to our deaths in such vast numbers. It was all in random sort too. Ninety percent of every country had to go is what they said. They came in every way shape and form of vehicle possible, even some knew ones kept locked away in secret government areas and kept for a situation such as this.

No one took it serious when the airwaves and holophonic-ware were broadcasting major warnings that many sacrifices had to be made or there would be a world-wide genocide of the human race. They said there was another form of life that has been watching out planet. They decided to attack on their triumannate, or so they called, which ran on the same time as our third millennium, or Y3K. People just thought of this as an alien hoax, or an excuse against the sudden burst into the pharmaceutical age, where hundreds of medications were coming out to even alter DNA, and change brain activities causing people to easily live over two hundred years old, making the population crisis explode back into reality.

In our earliest history classes we studied the early second millennium, from the years 2000-2200, because the education system believed we had to take example from their mistakes. In the early second millennium they also had a population crisis. This was also in the time of nuclear weapons and power, as well as the mutually assured destruction of your country if you bomb anyone else with nukes.

What caused the level of the earth’s population and fixed it for almost another millennium after that was trying to fix the problem. Scientists from the Earth tried to decide weather or not Mars were to be the next target for humans once the Earth became too used up and overcrowded. They concocted many tests and experiments to see after they found it could not sustain life if there was anything that could be done to make it inhabitable.

A team of American and Canadian scientists put together robots and other mechanical hardware to create a complete ozone replica, causing clouds with made rain, they built pipe-lines all through the planet for everyone to get water from everywhere, landfill sites were pointed out and created, sewage systems were created, and then they sent up two hundred carpenters to begin building houses. After forty years of manual and machine-aided labor, Mars was fully able to be inhabited by humans.

The next thing was a good form of transportation. Scientists concocted a new form of extremely efficient rocket fuel which propelled like nothing else seen before. It took almost no space and was powerful enough to move a planet off course when at full power. With this new fuel in mind they built many massive ships. Almost a million people at a time were all working on ships at once. They wanted to celebrate the coming of 2100 by launching every ship built by then at once.

Each major country had its own parts to build for every ship. Canada built everything on the interior, America built the exterior, England built the windows, and Russia built the engines. Each country had the resources it needed to build its specific task, with enough people to work together and build it. In the end after over fifty years of work, almost one million shuttles were completed. They were lined up all around the world and were free to enter in celebration of finally solving the overcrowding problem, and to celebrate a job well done.

About a hundred people could fit in each ship, meaning almost a hundred million people were in these shuttles and about to start a life on Mars. That would make a giant different in the population of the world, especially as more and more people would start going up to Mars to enjoy a different lifestyle.

At the strike of midnight at the beginning of 2100, almost a million engines lit up and flared, and this is where the biggest mistake occurred. The testing of the fuel was done in gigantically scale models as to not be dangerous to anyone. Although the calculations of the scale models were a hundred percent accurate when scientists would later go to check their figures to find out what had gone wrong, what they didn’t know was what happened to the fuel when a large amount was burned at once. It caused an explosive reaction.

This explosive reaction killed almost half a billion by-standers as they crowded around the launch site to watch the first people leave Earth to begin their life on Mars, as well as everyone in every ship. Only about a hundred thousandth of a percent of the people who were affected by the explosion actually survived, and all those people had catastrophic repercussions. No one had any sense of sight or direction for the rest of their lives. Five percent of the people affected could speak, and sixty five percent of the survivors never awoke from the comas they suffered from it. None of the survivors remembered anything. Their mind was like a clean slate. They didn’t know who they were, what had happened to them, and couldn’t recognize a single face. It was a bloody sight.

Of course it wasn’t over yet. Human nature tends to want to put blame on something, or someone, so they know who did what, and they don’t have to wonder why, and because of the extreme amount of lives lost, extreme measures were taken. America immediately blamed Russia since they were the ones building the engines, and every single engine blew up on every shuttle.

Without any other though, the United States flew out wave after wave of nukes trying to hammer down the Russians. They of course counter-attacked these bombs with more nukes on the Americans and soon after the whole world was thrown into nuclear war. The nuclear war lasted three long years, and there were no winners. More than seventy five percent of the world’s population was killed in these three years, and many believed if the war wouldn’t have ended because no one could afford to build more bombs, the human race would have been lost forever.

Nuclear winter settled in during this war. Even after the war was over more and more people were dying of various radiation causes. People were trying to procreate to fight against the continued heavy loss from the aftermath of nuclear war, but the mutations and miscarriages and continued maternal problems cause a lot of grief in the world. The effects of this radiation poisoning lasted another four hundred years and didn’t stop showing completely until the 2700s.

This drastic plummet in the world’s population kept the humans living safe and prosperous for a long time, but as the pharmaceutical age erupted in the late 2800s, with the inventions of DNA altercates, the population expanded exponentially and this invention was quickly booed by people who were concerned of the population becoming an issue again.

People believed this rapid genocide was just a hoax to get permission to kill ninety percent of the world, quickly, and do away with the problem for another couple hundred years. As if they knew everyone would think this. The government who was holding the other beings there in a special station to wait for a grand sacrifice like the one I’m currently wading through now, he gave two dozen foreign beings the right to two free hours to wreak havoc.

They had strange light beams protruding from their arms and they could run, fast. They sliced through houses and left family’s slit open in pieces, some in mid-action like getting out of the shower. Giant factories were sliced and diced up and down and in every direction and left completely destroyed. People who were hearing this on the news and had time to get themselves armed only found out that they are seemingly invincible to every form of human weapon.

Bullets seemed to just crash into their bodies and stop, doing no damage at all, and in less than half a fraction of a section later, whoever fired the weapon would be diced and left behind. All they would see is the blast from their gun, a blue blur and then nothing more.


i stopped at an odd point

© 2008 Jessie


Author's Note

Jessie
its unfinished

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on July 31, 2008

Author

Jessie
Jessie

Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada



About
I am 17 years old. I am male. I enjoy writing. I am not linguistic....so i lack the certain qualities of a linguistic brain. Comment me please? more..

Writing
[untitled #2] [untitled #2]

A Story by Jessie


[untitled #1] [untitled #1]

A Story by Jessie