My Guardian Angel

My Guardian Angel

A Story by jhed
"

This was my true experience though I added some little things that didn't even happen back then.

"

My Guardian Angel

 

          “It’s Friday night, don’t you wanna do something?” My cousin Matthew asked me. We were sitting on the roof staring at the stars as they travel to the galaxy. Star gazing was always my hobby before, but now it seems like there’s no time for me to do it. By the way, I’m Alex, 15 years old, female though some thought I was 'tomboy' and stuff and also glad I'm still living. Good thing I survived my high school life and now I’m pursued to live my life happily. It was vacation and I was down at our province in the Philippines. Laguna was one of a kind. A place where many resorts are to be found and especially where the great Pagsanjan Falls and Mt. Maria Makiling are found. I was very used to visiting these places every year, Of course because there are this family reunions and celebrations. I get to see my long time no see cousins, which in fact still knows each other very well.

 

“Dude, I just started sitting here now you want me to go?” I asked him with some sound of joking. I was pleased to see him now specially that I got rid of my chores at home. I saw a motorcycle passing the street and as I gaze to it, I saw my cousin Irene with my sister Jhem. Irene drove the motorcycle while my sister waved at me with a smile on her face. Good thing they got along with each other now. So I waved back and shouted “Where have you two been? We were waiting for you guys and we can’t wait anymore so we ate already!” smiling. I and Matthew went down to walk for a while so we can release so much stress. Then I remember the necklace that I’m used to wear every day. I wasn’t wearing it anymore. Then I remember it was in my bag. I stopped for a moment and told Matthew that I forgot my necklace and needs to go and get it. I entered the room where I used to sleep. I saw my cousin, Aiza, sitting on the bed and watching some anime movies. I went inside and turned on the lights as she shouted “Hey!”

 

“Dude, I’m sorry. I just need to get my necklace.” I said to please her.

“Hurry,” she said. Then I went to pick up my back pack and didn’t notice her looking at me as I unzip the bag. Inside the bag I still have my angel figurine that I bought before I got here.

“Dude, you still believe in those?” I heard her ask me.

“Yeah! Actually I bought one to place it here, inside the room. You know for safety.” I explained. She nod and turned to the television and watched the movie. I turned off the lights and went outside. I saw Matthew, Maricar and Jhem talking as I walk towards them.

“You guys wanna come?” I asked the two.

“Sure! Where are you two going anyway?” It was Jhem who asked me.

“We’ll just be walking. You know to get rid of all the stress we carry.” I replied. Then we started walking down the street. The road was rough. We talked and talked about things that doesn’t even make sense and then started laughing which I don’t even know why. Stores just flew around us until a store full of angel figurines caught my eyes.

“Wait!” I shouted as they all looked at me full of curiosity.

“What is it?” my cousin Maricar asked me.

“I’ll just scan those angel figurines over there.” I said. Then we went straight to the store where the figurines are all displayed.

“You still believed in this stuff?” Matthew asked me. I looked at him smiling and replied “Yes, of course. Why wouldn’t I?”

Then an angel in white shift caught my eye. It has a brown hair that falls down to her shoulders holding a harp. Her wings at her back were placed exactly perfect.  She also has this diadem and an arm bracelet and merely she looks like a goddess. More like goddess Diana. I didn’t wait for chances to see this kind of angel, so I bought it. Then we went back home and placed the angel at the bedside table near the lamp.

          The next morning when I woke up, we ate bread and egg and drank hot coffee while my sister drank hot chocolate. We were at the dining table when I saw my aunt Felly coming to greet us.

“Good morning ladies. How was your sleep?” She asked us.

“It was great!” My sister replied. “I mean, you don’t need to turn on air conditioner. It was very cold.” She said smiling at my aunt.

“How about you, dearie?” She asked me. I looked at her then smiled.

“I was great. Thanks for asking me.” I said then immediately went back to my food and finish it. The morning went great. After eating breakfast we cleaned the whole house and after that took some rest and take a bath. The water was cold enough to rejuvenate me. Afternoon came and my cousin, Irene, asked me to come with her and take Gabriel for a ride so he can sleep.

“Where are we going anyway?” I asked her.

“Anywhere until he sleeps.” She said looking straight at the road.

“Okay. Hey, where does that road lead?” I asked her. I never remember going to that road ever since I was little.

“Oh that. That leads to the Outpost. You know, where all tricycles are found and lines up for passengers.” She said.

“Can we go there?” I asked her.

“Okay.”

By the time I saw how dangerous the road was, I merely backed up but still she pursued to continue the trip. Then in the middle of the road she was driving. And as we went through my skin felt Goosebumps. I looked at the surroundings and found out that the one on my left was a creek and on my right were bushes and a big rock that stands on it. The creek wasn’t filled with water. You can see that it’s filled with lots and lots of molds. You can see that there’s not a single barrier that divides the road and the creek. And when someone is drunk you might wanna not think about what will happen next. Then what caught my eye was the pig that lies on the ground of the creek. It was dead and decomposing. Then my cousin stopped for a while.

“There’s a rock over there we can’t cross.” She told me but I pursued her to continue.

“We can cross that.” I said. The baby between me and her was still awake. She tried and tried to cross and she did it. We were on the road again. A road that’s nice and better to drive. It was filled with asphalt and straight. Nervousness was out of my system now until I saw that the baby was asleep.

“Aww…He’s already asleep,” I said.

“Let’s go home. It’s almost getting late.” She turned the wheel going back again to the road where we were once before.
“Wait, why not just go straight so we can feel cool wind so he can sleep soundly.” I requested.

“It’s very far over there.” She told me.

“Dude, I don’t wanna go back there. It gives me the creeps especially that creek.” I said. And just as I knew we were already on our way to the road where it gives me the creeps. Then something went wrong. My cousin can’t turn the wheels. Just as about I was already praying.

The road was full of small rocks and as we bump on the big rock. We got out of balance and the next thing I thought on mind was that we’re gonna land on that moldy creek and land beside that decomposing pig. Before we land on the ground, something flashed before my eye. A white cloth and a very bright light. The light almost blinds me but then, I closed my eyes. I felt pain on my legs but my feet won’t feel anything. I opened my eyes and hear that my cousin, the baby, Gabriel was already awake and was crying. Surprised I was and saw that we landed on the bushes. Irene was making the motorcycle stand. And just as I’ m about to stand and carry the baby, my foot can’t move. Then I turned to look and saw it between the motor and the wheel. I pulled my foot but can’t remove it. I was crying but no tears fell before my eye. I turned my head and shouted for help and a man on a bicycle appeared on our back. He was old. His eyes were set deep and was wearing a white shirt which says “Be a member of the Church!” He stopped and helped us. Helped me with my stuck foot.

“Oh, God, please help me!” I uttered as the man on white touched my foot and turned it alternately to be sure that I won’t be able to touch the very hot machine.

“Don’t worry. Everything’s gonna be alright.” He told me.

“Just hold on. It’ll take any minute now to remove this.” Then he keeps on turning my foot alternately and now tears fell from my eyes.

“Don’t cry,” Irene told me. “Just stay calm, it’ll be alright” then I quiet myself feeling the pain inside me. And just as I notice my foot was out.

“Oh, God, Thank you!” I said “Thank you very much,” then the man just smiled and said “Next time be careful,” he advised us. We both nod at the same time and the man left us.

“Can you walk?” Irene asked me. I nod. I tried to step my foot and surprise I fell on the ground. Good thing she was carrying Gabriel. She helped me stand and rode the motorcycle going home. We arrived at the house and that’s when I noticed all of my bruises and scratches on my skin. I saw my aunt widen her eyes and immediately went for me.

“What happened?” she asked. Then my mom appeared behind the door.

“My goodness, what happened to her?” She was talking to Irene. I waved my hand and said

“There's nothing to worry about. I just fell. That’s all.” I looked at her then smiled. I was guided by my cousin Matthew who was also surprised. He let me sit on the bed. My mother came inside looking intently at me.

“Look at you,” she said “You’re filled with bruise and scratches,” I turned my head to avoid her loving face.

“Mom, it’s okay. At least I’m alive.” I told her.

“Honey, I care for you. Finding me worry is normal.” She said.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure. What is it?”

“Do you believe in angels?” I asked and found awe and confusions in her eyes.

“Yes,” she told me.

“This afternoon while we were driving Gabriel to sleep and bumped on the big rock, I knew we were about to land on the creek,” I said as she listens very well “then something flashed before my eye. A white cloth and a very bright light, I was blinded by the light so I closed my eyes. Then I felt that we were turned and at the time I opened my eyes Gabriel and I are laying on the ground with the bushes.” I told her everything I experienced. She looked at me for a second and next thing I knew she was hugging me.

“Oh. Alex, you were saved,” she said.

“Saved by whom?” I asked her.

“Your Guardian Angel,” she told me. I knew there was a thing. I knew they exist. That’s why I keep on believing them. I never stop. Then Mom turned to face me and told me to rest. So I did but by the time she left, I vowed my head, closed my eyes and prayed.

“Lord, thank you for giving me such a chance. I knew angels exist. I never stopped believing them. Thank you for letting them guide me. Amen.” I made the sign of the cross and lie on the bed. Then I uttered to myself, “Thank you, My guardian angel” I closed my eyes and sleep.

 

THE END.

© 2010 jhed


Author's Note

jhed
Ignore the grammars and some spellings..please tell me what to change. Thanks! :3

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is nice. i believe in angels as much as you do. you can make the dialog a bit lively. is alex a girl or a boy? i get messed up. but this is a nice story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I was ready to start pointing out the grammar mistakes but I saw the author's comment. hehe. :D

For the content, of course I can relate. I believe in angels and have been saved more than once in my lifetime. I hailed from Laguna, I rode those tricycles, and a whole lot more what it is in this story. In all honesty I like it but it's too cliche. Like the ones on Hirayamanawari(still remember those? LOL.) For what needs to be changed, there are actually tons that needs improvement. First off, sensory images. I know how it is when one is writing a story that we get so absorbed in specific details that we forget other minute ones. The scenes lacked pizzaz due to lack on sensory images. Next, direct translation of the language. That is common among us. Although we are highly encouraged to sound like our own not like Englishmen, I still suggest using the conventional grammar in which everyone can relate to. Lastly, the word 'Dude'. I do call my cousins as that. That's normal for us and makes us sound cool. The problem is the characters sexuality becomes a blur. I got quite confused whether Alex is a boy or a girl because some pronouns shifted. :) Technicals? You can message me if you need help on it.

Overall, job well done. With a little more editing, it's a very strong story.

Posted 14 Years Ago


A decent story.
Everyone here likes your work
Who am I to disagree?

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a brilliant piece of work:) You have great talent:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow this was a great story! i really enjoyed reading it! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Nicely done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a wonderful and amazing write here.

Posted 14 Years Ago


@Ashley Beth: Thanks..

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is sweet. Very good story, good job! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

615 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 19, 2010
Last Updated on March 21, 2010

Author

jhed
jhed

manila, Philippines



About
i'm a 16 year old girl from the Philippines who was influenced by my classmates to write stories and poems. I'm a "not so popular" in my new school but got great and loving and trustworthy friends to .. more..

Writing
This Love This Love

A Poem by jhed


Mommy Mommy

A Poem by jhed



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


first love first love

A Poem by LynLee