Chapter 2 - Roku VS Medos!

Chapter 2 - Roku VS Medos!

A Chapter by Jin Trigger
"

Roku engages in a heated battle with Medos and this group after Roku seems to surface from the darkness as Hex rushes in to aid Roku against them.

"

                “Damn he’s fast…Almost too fast,” Roku thought as he hid behind a tree as Medos continuing jumping into his drill form smashing everything around in an attempt to draw Roku out, “I won’t be able to do much unless I switch over….Thought last time I did that….”

                “Hehehe come out come out wherever you are,” Medos said in his Igor-like voice as he drilled and destroyed yet another tree, “Master was unsure of your alignment, but those of you aligned with the Blue Dragon aren’t really closed ranged fighters hehehe. With my speed and power I’ll crush you like these little trees…if Master allowed it. Hehehe.”

                “Ugh! Your laugh is getting on my nerves so could you please stop it,” Roku sarcastically asked with a hint of disgust in his voice.

                “Hehe…My laugh is my trademark,” Medos commented as if he were taunting Roku, “You are nothing more than prey to me and the way you scurry around…It feels me with such joy.”

                “Well then…If that’s the case I guess I’ll have to shut you up myself,” Roku proclaimed as he jumped from hiding running straight toward Medos.

                Medos immediately went into his drill state charging straight for Roku. Roku, in response, began to run toward Medos, kicking up wood chips towards Medos and freezing them with his hands. The frozen wood chips did nothing to Medos, but due to his inability to see in his drill state, Medos stopped to see what was happening but instead saw Roku running past him. Medos went drilling towards Roku again with nothing but sheer determination to catch the boy. Roku made it to his safe haven, the open field with the big pond in the middle. There were flowers that produced dew all the time and it covered the ground and the water was mythical in appearance with its clear blue hue. Roku stopped running and held a look of satisfaction until he noticed Medos was right on his tail.

                “Ok now to stop your little raid Medos,” Roku said as he slammed his hands on the ground and brought up a rather thick ice shield. Medos made contact with the shield and began to chip away at it as if it were nothing but cheap metal. Medos’s rotation eventually gave out as he was unable to fully break the shield. Medos than used his heavy hands to destroy the shield revealing that Roku was nowhere to be found.

                “Where are you Roku…” Medos cried out as he noticed bubbles rising from the pond, “You can’t hide from me.”

                Medos then drilled straight into the water hoping to scare Roku, but Roku was merely hiding up in an abandoned loft that occupied the open field. When Medos was fully submerged, Roku ran over to the pond and froze it over. Roku had never froze anything as large as the pond and it took a lot in him to create a layer of ice thick enough to hold Medos.

                “That should stop you,” Roku said as he fell backwards sitting on the ground, “The hell was he and what did his want? I have to get back to Hex and let him…The hell!”

                The ground under Roku started trembling and shaking, but before Roku realized the unexpected smarts of Medos he was already hit by and underground assault. Roku went flying in the air and slammed so hard into the pond that he broke the ice and fell into the water. Medos stood at the edge of the pond waiting for Roku to resurface.

                “…Did I kill him,” Medos thought as he scratched his head with a worried look on his face, “Oh no…Master will have my head if I harmed him too much. What am I gonna do!!!”

                Medos began to panic waiting for Roku to come back up, but it seemed as if Roku was never going to resurface from the pond. Medos sat on the ground with his hands over his head rocking back and forth, “What have I done!”

                “Let your guard down,” Roku answered as he shaped and morphed an ice spire from the ponds water that when straight through Medos’s right shoulder pinning him to a tree, “Something you should never do to a Blue Dragon Akaten around a pool of water…We are taught to use the water as a healing source. We might not be able to breathe in it, but throwing us into a pool of one is never a good idea. Though I have to give it to you…I never would have imagine a sadistic dude such as yourself to drill underground to get passed my frozen pond. Now I think some question are in order. Who is this master you are apparently afraid of and why does he need me?”

                “Master plans are only to be discussed among us,” Medos answered as if he were instructed to say exactly that, “You must be brought back unharmed in order to proceed with our plans hehehe…”

                “Laughing in your position…You really are sadistic,” Roku responded with a grimace.

                “My position,” Medos questioned,”Hehehe…This spire in my shoulder is nothing. As much as I’d like to shred you into pieces and watch your blood scatter…Master has been waiting and I cannot leave him waiting for this much longer.”

                Medos raised his left hand and broke the spire pinning him down and then before he could touch the ground Medos had already went into his drill form heading straight for Roku. Roku, surprised at Medos’s strength, crafted another large ice shield, but unlike last time Medos broke right through with little to no effort, which caused him to hit Roku hard. This time, however, Roku blocked the blow and simply slide back, but this left his arms terribly bruised from the hit.

                “…As I expected,” Roku said as he regained composure, “You weren’t fighting me at full strength. I guess you really aren’t trying to kill me like you say you want to. The fact you can still drill towards me with such incredible strength with a wound like that…I might actually be in trouble.”

                “Hehehe…You were in trouble from the start. Ever since Master set his glorious eyes on you,” Medos replied pointing at Roku with the most disturbing grin on his face, “I am nothing but honor to be the one to serve such a lovely specimen to our master.”

                “Our? So there are more of you…Like a cult,” Roku wondered, “Hmph…I really might be in trouble here.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

                “Hex of the infamous Ninja Dragon sect of the Akaten clan,” said Felix as he watched Hex run off into the forest, “Never would have expected him to be the boy’s caretaker. It seems he knows nothing…I surely wish his alliance was with us, but it can’t be helped.”

                Felix started to walk back inside Hex’s home when he suddenly stopped the moment he laid hands on the door knob, “What brings your presence here?”

                “I was sent to provide assistance,” said a tall shadowy figure, “I heard Hex is staying with Roku…I was sent here to make sure we keep our presence to a minimum. We still have Akaten searching at the other points.  At this rate we will never find it…How can something so valuable just disappear? Someone has to know where it is…”

                “Calm down Nilan,” Felix said calmly, “As much as it pains me to say…our lord’s pet is getting stronger with each passing day and that alone is proof that the Dragon Uni Law is out there.”

                “Once that happens we can restore our land to its original glory…Not living on the ground with these powerless humans,” Nilan said with a bit of hatred in his voice, “Dragon’s our meant to fly to the skies not dwell in...This world.”

                “I understand and once we capture the boy we will hopefully be that much closer to finding it,” Felix responded, “I will leave you to deal with this…I have matters elsewhere.”

                “Alright…I believe I can take it from here,” Nilan said as he saluted Felix as if to mock him, “I just hope Medos isn’t shredding the kid to bits.”

                “Roku is a…how should I put this…special child,” Felix said as he looked into the deep forest, “I have no doubt in Medos’s strength, but if that kid is at our estimated level of skill…Medos might have to fight for this prize.”

 

--------------------------------------------------

                “I…can’t…keep this up much longer,” a battered Roku whispered to himself as he continued to dodge Medos’s drill attack which only got faster and stronger with each passing second, “If I don’t come up with some kind of plan then I’m mincemeat…I don’t want to invoke my main powers…I still can’t control them. I might end up killing myself before I can even strike Medos…thought at this rate I practically have no other option.”

                Roku continued to dodge Medos’s attack even though as time went on Roku’s movements became sluggish and sloppy allowing Medos to get more hits in. Eventually Roku stopped dodging and faced Medos directly, “Come at me…Give me everything you got…Imma end this right here and now.”

                “HAHAHAHA!!!! You want me to kill you,” Medos laughed hysterically, “You make me want to disobey Master so much, but I shall end this as you wish.”

                Medos stepped back and began charging up as if to prepare his final attack on Roku. Roku simply stood his ground waiting for Medos to strike as he looked like a bull reading to charge. Soon Medos began to run towards Roku at an incredible speed before shifting into his drill state. Roku continue to stand in his path as if to wait for an opportune time to strike. Medos’s rotation in his drill state was so fast and powerful that a whistling could be heard.

                “I only have one shot,” Roku said to himself, “If I miss…Then I am dead…So please don’t fail me…I need you to work just this one time ok…I mean you are the original source of my power.”

                Roku pulled his hand back as if he planned to punch Medos. When Roku’s fist was as far back as it would go, he locked his eyes on his target, Medos’s head, which was the tip of his drill state. Medos got closer and closer to Roku with great speed crushing everything in his path. Roku’s eyes began to turn to a yellow color as his eyes narrowed. Roku was focused, so much so that his aura began to glow.

                “Alright....here goes nothing,” Roku shouted as he prepared to punch Medos, “VOLTAGE BARRAGE!”

                Roku hit Medos right on the top of his head sending a massive shockwave through Medos’s body which instantly stopped his drill form and sent him skyrocketing through the loft which was behind him. Roku could not handle the sheer power of his own punch and a shockwave was sent through his body which, in turn, sent him back quite a distance. Medos recovered quickly from the attack with minor injuries and was extremely agitated at what was done to him.

                “HOW!” Medos screamed at the top of his lungs, “You are aligned with the blue dragon! Master said no Akaten can be aligned with two dragons! You are a cheater! I saw you use ice techniques, but that was clearly a lighting based technique! That is something only an Akaten of the yellow dragon alignment can perform! How dare you pull tricks on Medos! I shall make you suffer greatly!”

                “No more hehehes,” Roku chuckled as he stood up with the help of a nearby tree, “I was hoping that attack would be strong enough to at least incapacitate you, but as I suspected most of the electricity was sent back through my body.”

                “HOW DID YOU DO THAT,” Medos said as grew more and more anger and confused at the turn of events presented to him.

                “Cat’s outta the bag now…The Hozama family are known to perform some great feats throughout Akaten history,” Roku began to explain, “My feat…is actually impossible under normal circumstances…I am aligned with both the blue and yellow dragon.”

                “LAIR!!! THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!” Medos shouted back at Roku as his arms stretch towards and grabbed the surprised and stunned Roku, “I shall make you suffer for your shady tactics!”

                Medos used his extended arms to grab Roku and slam him into several trees in the area. Roku, already in a critical state, took a grave amount of damage from being unexpectedly grabbed from such a great distance from his opponent and slammed into the trees. Eventually Medos threw Roku into a pile of rocks he noticed nearby, thinking they would cause greater damage to the heavily wounded youth.

                “He can stretch his arms,” Roku thought to himself, “I am so screwed…That freaking shockwave that came back through me has completely disabled my ability to shift back into my blue dragon alignment. I am so done for.”

                Medos began to walk toward Roku as if to ready the finishing blow. Medos was so lost in his own anger that he completely forgotten the fact that Roku was supposed to be unharmed. At this point Medos was aiming to kill the child. Roku tried to muster up as much of his strength as he could to scurry away, but Medos stomped on his legs preventing his movements.

                “I’ll enjoy seeing your blood shot out from your head,” Medos snarled at Roku with the most sadistic frown that seem to show his lack of mercy or humility, “Prepare to die Akaten trash.”

                “That’s enough Medos,” a voice shot out from the bushes, “You have already disobeyed the master’s orders…He is in the most unpleasant of moods…Then on top of this you have left his waiting. Before you make you situation worst stop and hand over the child.”

                “…Zetta…What are you doing here,” Medos responded with a quiver in his voice.

                “What do you think I am here for fool,” said a short man wearing a kimono style jacket as he walked toward Medos, “He knew you’d be incapable of following his orders as instructed. The boy is almost dead…Dead people can’t tell us s**t Medos.  Plus your battle is causing too much of a disturbance here. Nilan was sent to get Felix and keep you quiet but he seems to be on the slow side today…..And now more company.”

                Zetta instinctively unsheathed a very fancy looking katana from his back to block a rather large shuriken like object heading his way. After blocking it, the shuriken went backwards into some trees as if it were a boomerang returning to its user, “So you’ve come to save the child.”

                Hex jumped out of the trees in front of Medos and Zetta, “Unhand Roku!”

                “I’d love to do that but you see our master is kinda touchy about not getting what he wants and he really wants this child here,” Zetta said as he grabbed a now unconscious Roku, “Medos is already gonna get it for beating him within an inch of his life…I don’t want to see Medos die thought.”

                “You’re not going anywhere with Roku,” Hex retorted as he readied his shuriken for another throw.

                “I really don’t have time for this,” Zetta snarled at Hex tossing Roku to Medos, “I have to find a couple of my friends and get back home.”

                “You’ll have to get through me first!”

                “…So much for a low profile,” Zetta snapped as he readied his blade charging toward Hex.

 

 

                 



© 2013 Jin Trigger


Author's Note

Jin Trigger
Please point out major grammar errors and sections that might not make any sense. This was a chapter heavy in action and I am not use to writing these type chapters just yet.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
Added on May 19, 2013
Last Updated on May 19, 2013
Tags: dragon, MiR, Hex, Roku, Chapter, Fantasy, fights, epic, anime


Author

Jin Trigger
Jin Trigger

Montgomery, AL



About
Hello, my name is Jin Trigger. I love to write and draw. I'm very passionate about literary stuff. I like to rap and write lyrics and work on small projects in my spare time. I have an unnatural love .. more..

Writing