The Unique Depression

The Unique Depression

A Poem by Broken Warrior

How pleasant

...

The thought of a scenario,

In which both partakers of the act entertain each one's faults,

Who views the neggative as a chance to further proclaim their emotion,

Just an emotion!

Why, can one claim LOVE when one acts on thoughts, desires, feelings,ideas?

Such is love?

Given to change, given to misfortune, has become the fate of what we classify as LOVE!

Or can it be bigger?

Can love actually be thus? More than an emotion?

Treading upon unsearched grounds lit by the foolish fantasies one would have on the ways essential to reaching the aspired and much sought after end of never ending happiness...

What a laugh it is, that the destination yields more than the valiant adventrurer ever expected.

Allow me the heavy burden of making clear the essence of love.


It is no emotion.

Be not fooled!


Love, a choice, a gift, a challenge, a burden, a means by which most would consider you weak...

But then what in this case are emotions?

Blinding, misleading bodies of distractions meant to conceal the only means by which true happiness can be attained!


Such a sweet concept this mystery brings

Such a covetous tool utilized by the ignorant to build aspirations whose ends would never be met!

But still I urge you,

Yes I implore you, to seek love in its sincerity,

"Tis better to have loved and lost, than have never loved at all..."

Such a truth, yet a dangerous lie,

For the end of love brings a pain like no other,

It lures you to a place of isolation, of temptation, of neglect and suffering!

Yes, love does not bring forth love, but a challenge,

It does not obligate the target of love to return such a thing,

It merely displays your actions as unorthodox and quiestionable!

 

 

So go, seek after the ever elusive dream, the one all desire but none find!

Pursue the wind, and lay hold of thin waters!

But carry with you the knowledge that this mystery all have chased after,

Is an emotional gateway to an irreversible pain,

And a stronghold of torment.
Learn now that love, this deep and splendid sensation,

This overwhelming pleasure and euphoria, comes to one end...

A unique Depression.

 


© 2021 Broken Warrior


Author's Note

Broken Warrior
First bit of writing for years, pardon simple mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love this piece. It brings so much to thought about what we really do in he name of love. The pain the anger, hell we drain our other emotions just to have love and keep love. It is said that love makes you do crazy things and this is all so true. People give up everything on the hopes that their prince or princess will wisk them away. That has yet to happen to anyone and I have come to realize that true love is hard work but don't look for it to be perfect. It is work as any other job you may have to try more than one job but soon you find the one that you love, even with the headaches that it brings.

Great job.

Live, Love and Learn

Lady V

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Pure Expressive Bliss like something coming from the deep emotions that have been long bureid
Great poem man

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stunning free form, there is a passionate depth of quality in sincerity,
the insight leaves the reader with added knowledge, via subconsious and otherwise,
I'm still pondering the truths you've proclaimed in essence to the design.
Excellent writing, you have made a fan.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I apologize for deleting my first review, it was an accident. Ill try to sum up what it said as best i can here:

It's ironic that i should come upon this piece, being that i myself have had a 'bout with love not too long ago...

"Yes, love does not bring forth love, but a challenge,
It does not obligate the target of love to return such a thing,"

If love were to expect a return to its pursuit then would it be love at all? Brilliant idea. I believe people do not know what love truly is, and therefore throw the word around in daily use as though it were common. Love is a word that comes with great power, and respect. You've described it beautifully here.

Love is in it of itself is a challenge, a challenge to feel it, to employ it, as well as to confide when its time is up. It is a hard thing to grasp, as well as a hard thing to let go of.

Signed,
Jayden Grey

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Once I got past the spelling, I found this to be an excellent expression. Kudos. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this piece. It brings so much to thought about what we really do in he name of love. The pain the anger, hell we drain our other emotions just to have love and keep love. It is said that love makes you do crazy things and this is all so true. People give up everything on the hopes that their prince or princess will wisk them away. That has yet to happen to anyone and I have come to realize that true love is hard work but don't look for it to be perfect. It is work as any other job you may have to try more than one job but soon you find the one that you love, even with the headaches that it brings.

Great job.

Live, Love and Learn

Lady V

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is alot to take in all at once...a whooole lot.
"Can love actually be thus? More than an emotion?
Treading upon unsearched grounds lit by the foolish fantasies one would have on the ways essential to reaching the aspired and much sought after end of never ending happiness..."
...honest to god, ive never read a more potent verse... ever. great job dude...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 14, 2008
Last Updated on September 13, 2021

Author

Broken Warrior
Broken Warrior

Kingston, Jamaica



About
Inherited the love for writing from a family of writing so I use it as a means of expression given the fact that verbal discussion of my issues or cases is not my strong suit. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..