Given up

Given up

A Poem by Broken Warrior
"

...

"

I have given up on the thought of happiness.
The idea of finding someone to make right all the inevitable wrongs has left me standing in awe.
Fear grips my feet,
So from this danger, I cannot run.
Doubt holds my tongue,
So pleading is of no use.


That beautiful bird, love, I once held in the palm of my hand,
Cherishing it, admiring it, nurturing it
Has found reason to rebel.
Has found material to revolt!
So deep, the wounds it left.


So should I, being left with these bruises reach for another?
Will it not simply make the recent wounds all the worse?
I give up on persistency.
Yes, i lay down my gauntlets of ambition,
And pick up the flag of dismay.


Cursed to always be reminded that desires are only but such.
I smile, when depression holds me, but to none i have revealed.
Laughed, when torment abuses me,
And in the presence of adversity I look down.
In hopes that maybe what clearly stands before me, is a figure conjured by the fears instilled by past failures.


With a breath, I confess;
I regret nothing, but choose to remember nothing.
Let go memories, you foolish, deceptive minions of emotions,
Bringing nothing but confusion to the already unstable reality we are all victims to.

 

Must i continue to give my love to another?
Does not throwing the last of your food blindly into the ocean make more sense than to give the very essence of your existence to another who only sees this gift as a toy? To be played with whenever the feeling surfaces? And then what? Leave the matter of your being on the floor for another to have a turn?

 

I have given up on tears,
For as they dry, more appear.
In the end, it is clear, that nothing is for everyone nor everything for anyone.
Let love live, but let the heart die!
 

© 2020 Broken Warrior


Author's Note

Broken Warrior
Written in the midst of overwhelming emotion. So pay no attention to grammar, as there are 'no' errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Deep. Loved it. Same thoughts cross my mind by the day...but a gud person once told me that you've gotta make a step into the unknown in order to find out what's truly there for you....It's only a pity that you've chosen this point in time to give up....yet, you need your healing. Time will tell...but keep being who you are....maybe that special someone will walk right into your life as you may not know the person as yet....Just keep being hopeful...and it will happen for you one day...Love...u deserve it. God Bless....

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Not Bad Josh Not Bad Seriously Great Poem

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Deep. Loved it. Same thoughts cross my mind by the day...but a gud person once told me that you've gotta make a step into the unknown in order to find out what's truly there for you....It's only a pity that you've chosen this point in time to give up....yet, you need your healing. Time will tell...but keep being who you are....maybe that special someone will walk right into your life as you may not know the person as yet....Just keep being hopeful...and it will happen for you one day...Love...u deserve it. God Bless....

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i'm awestruck really...this may be my favourite one so far. its an exceptional piece of writing that seeks every aspect of a love lost and exposes the audacity of each and every one. first stanza alone had me kinda floored! great read and write bro...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful and filled with emotion. I love it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love it!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 2, 2008
Last Updated on July 18, 2020

Author

Broken Warrior
Broken Warrior

Kingston, Jamaica



About
Inherited the love for writing from a family of writing so I use it as a means of expression given the fact that verbal discussion of my issues or cases is not my strong suit. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..