Nothing is Individual

Nothing is Individual

A Story by JohnsonJ0366

Nothing is Individual.

We as a people, have to stop thinking that there is nothing else, that all borders have been reached. Thousands of years ago people believed they were at the peak of technology just as we do now. The idea that there is nothing left to discover is what bars discovery from being made. The maps we've created are not all filled in. We've decided to hold ourselves back, because of the craving of necessities.

"For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap; they have no storeroom nor barn, and yet God feeds them; how much more valuable you are than the birds! And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life's span?"
Luke 12:24

We ALL grow up being told that when you graduate, it is imperative that we have a job to survive and provide for ourselves and others. The only way to put food on our tables is to labor for another person. Make another man's meal. People who attempt to do so on their own terms are cast out and treated with worthlessness just because they aspire to pave their own way. 

CEO's of major cooperation's seem to forget that at one point they were also a small business, a speck of what the company is now, but they have climbed so far up their metaphorical mountains that the bottom seems to be a dark and scary place. They have become comfortable with the view and so vast that the mountain leaves no room for anyone else.

© 2014 JohnsonJ0366


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow how true is that? I agree! I loved how you mentioned Luke 12:24 I didn't remember that verse but I'm glad you pointed that out, that was awesome. The way you write is so confident like- its like you speak direct and say exactly how you feel and mean and stand up for it, it holds a lot of power and leaves the reader- or at least me, at a loss for words an re-thinking things over and over. Great work

Posted 9 Years Ago


An interesting concept, one I'm not going to lie by saying I completely understand. Development can only ever occur out of necessity, and if that necessity doesn't exist, than neither will the motive to advance. Your view on individuality and self-reliance fading and becoming more and more irrelevant in today's society is one that I feel has crept up on us. The world is more connected than it has ever been, and with that, complete individuality is almost impossible.

Posted 9 Years Ago



WOUH, you have spoken! You pointed out a specific topic my friend, loved everything about. You expressed yourself wonderfully. Man, you are bold. You write with such a great power, boldness, confidence and knowledge...Simply also, maybe, speechless.

Well done!



Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 4, 2014
Last Updated on November 4, 2014

Author

JohnsonJ0366
JohnsonJ0366

Fort Walton Beach, FL



About
I'm a writer/musician who wants to meet more influential people interested in the things I love. more..

Writing