Chapter 1 The Plan (Part 2)

Chapter 1 The Plan (Part 2)

A Chapter by Jonathan
"

What do you think?

"

I went out of my room, I saw no one out the living room! So, I was scared, I walked outside, and saw my mom, dad and also my brother are on the roof of our house! I was puzzled and asked, “What are you doing up there? Is there anything I can help?

“Nothing, we are just repairing the roof together. Billy, help me to take the container… no, the cup of glue, and that brick, please!” My father shouted, because he is high on the roof and he was afraid that I couldn’t hear him, “Be careful, the bricks and the cups are heavy, and mind the steps on the ladder! Do you hear me? There is a stone on the ladder…”

“Ah! Ouch!!” I fell down off the ladder, father was right! There is a stone on the ladder! I said, “Why do you need to repair the ladder? Is there something wrong?”

“Okay, stop talking and bring the bricks up! You’re so annoying!” My father said.

Did I mention that my father is an impatient man? He can’t wait for too long. If you are too slow, he will shout at you and tell you to be quick, quick and quick!

After repairing the roof, we came back to normal life, my mother will go to work, I will go to play with my brother, and my father would plant things… or play games with his friends.

That night, when all of us are sleeping, I saw a monster, a water monster. I fought with him (or her … it doesn’t matter), but, unfortunately, my mother was caught be the monster, I was angry, very angry. I run against the monster, but the monster was too quick, that I couldn’t follow him, suddenly, the monster stopped running, he said, “Wake up!!”

I opened my eyes; my father was there, no any monsters! It’s only a dream!

As time went by, it became colder, and colder. As summer was over, winter took place. I don’t know why, the winter of this year is very cold, exceptionally cold! The snow was two meters high and as we listened to the radio, the weather forecast said it will be colder in the following days. I was afraid. I was afraid that we would be freeze to death! I was very freezing now, and the forecast said it would be colder? O my god!

Two days later, the weather forecast was right, it was slightly colder than before, but, we had two problems now, the weather was so cold that all our plants had frozen to death! Now, we are afraid of freezing to death and starving to death. “Oh, it is news time! I have to listen to the radio!” I said, then, I went to the freezing old wooden chair and opened the radio. “Welcome, to the ETW world news, I am your host, Jones Brew. Just roughly talk about the weather, today’s weather is between -5 degrees and 1degree Celsius. And in the following days, the north winds will be weaker and the weather will be warmer during mornings and evenings. But, it is still very cold! So, remember to bring a big large coat before you go out! Then, we will talk about our…” “Thanks goodness! The weather will be warmer! Yippee!” I said happily. “Yes, we can plant more things in our land, than, we will not die of either starve or freeze!”

Unfortunately, the good news was not long, the weather was cold again after 3 days, we have to stay in house and open the fire again. We were all very sad, then, I broke the silence, “Maybe, we could build a ship and sail it to some countries that are warmer! Is that a good idea?” When I finished saying, a cold north wind blew to my ears, “Brrr! Uh… maybe not…”

“Umm… I think this idea is insane last year, but, now… We’re afraid we need to take this decision. But, building a ship is too difficult for us, maybe we could afford a little ship in a shop that sold ships. Do you agree with this solution?”

After my father said that, there was a silence, then, my mother raised her hand, next, I slowly raised my hand, at last, Bill raised his hand too! “Yippee!! We can go to the sea!! I think we could go to Brazil… It is very warm in there.” I said, thinking happily.

“Okay, we have to go to sleep, it is very cold now, and we’ve to decide where should we go…” My father said, “Burr!!! I is colder than before!!”

We obeyed our father’s command and we went to sleep. I don’t know if we will really go to Brazil, but I think it will be good if we go to Brazil. Then, my eyes slowly closed.

The next day, I went to our farmland and see how the plants have grown, wow! It is very tall now! I am very happy, suddenly, I heard a voice that nearly frightened me to death! “How are you! Son?” I quickly turned back, I thought it was dad at the moment, but it wasn’t! It was Bill, my brother instead, “Ha! Ha! Frightened? Eh?”

I answered, “How dare you pretend that you are father! And do you know, you nearly scared me to death!”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean it.” Said Bill, “What about having breakfast? I think you’re very hungry.”

“Okay, I have to see something!” I said, “ Follow me!” Then, I ran towards the farm.



© 2011 Jonathan


Author's Note

Jonathan
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is going well. Look forward to the next chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 16, 2011
Last Updated on January 16, 2011


Author

Jonathan
Jonathan

Hong Kong



About
I am Jonathan. Nice to meet all!! I like writing stories and novels... I am new, so I have not write so many things in it yet! more..

Writing