Chapter 1~The Plan (part 1)

Chapter 1~The Plan (part 1)

A Chapter by Jonathan

One very sunny morning, my father called me to wash the vegetables. I don’t like washing vegetables, it is very boring, I went to my father and took the big bowl of vegetables to the kitchen and began to wash the vegetables. “Oh, today‘s vegetables are cabbages, sigh… cabbages again!” I sighed.

My father was a farmer, he only plants vegetables like: cabbages, lettuces and other bad-tasting vegetables. I really hate cabbages; it had a weird smell and an awful taste. But my father loves it very much!! He loves cabbages than any other kind of vegetables.

After I had washed the vegetables, I put it on the saucepan, and then put some oil on the saucepan. Then I opened the gas and fire came out. I like fried cabbages more than just… BOILED CABBAGES. Burghs… I quickly went back to my room and started to read books. I was reading an adventure book. It was about a man who crossed across the Alantic Ocean. I longed to make a big ship and sail it across the ocean. I always ask my father to build a big ship to sail it across the ocean. But he always refused. I was very disappointed with my father. He always went to the city to play with his friends. He always put a lot of time in playing other than planting cabbages (although it is awful) and taking care of us.

My mother was a very hard-working woman. Every day, she went out to the city to sell the cabbages we planted. She went out at 6:00 am each day, which is very early, because, the city was very far from our home; our home was in the countryside. But she always came back before we sleep; because, she had to tell stories to us in order to make us sleep. After all, she will take her shower and eat her dinner (which included breakfast, lunch and dinner); she often sleeps at 11:30 pm.

I continued to read the story. The story said that the man called Jams was traveling across the enormous ocean; he had been attacked by many sharks and enemies. With a little water and food, using a boat, he successfully sailed across the Atlantic Ocean. He beached at the United States of America (USA). When he beached himself, somebody saw him and called the ambulance. They gave them more water and food, and the adventure was finished.

After I had read this book, touching and exciting book, I heard a sound shouting, “Help! Fire! Fire!”

Suddenly, I realized that I had not closed the gas and I had run here to read books! I quickly ran downstairs and saw the ‘disaster’. Black smoke was coming out and dad and Bill (my elder brother) was turning to pour water in the fire. I quickly fetch a big bucket of water and try to pour it to the fire. But I missed; the bucket was too heavy that I couldn’t balance myself! Worse than that, I fell on the ground and water splashed on dad and Bill. They looked like two men who were out the rainy day but without an umbrella. That meant they are completely soaked. I knew I was in trouble. Big trouble. My father shouted, “What are you doing here? You have made a big mess and you soaked us completely with water! I really have to punish you, hard! And, you see? Do you think you have no responsibility on the gas you opened? It nearly became a big, forest fire! Do you know that? You have to cook all the dinners for a year!” “What? Sorry, I just forgot to turn off the gas and… Okay… please forgive me. I will not do it again.” I begged my father not to punish me so hard.

“Okay, if you do not agree with this punishment, then, two years.” My father said angrily.

“What? Two years?” I said, “It is impossible!  Are you s…” I said.

“Okay, if you are still not agree about this punishment…” my father answered like a monster.

“No! Okay, okay, two years.” I said sadly. Suddenly, I heard the bell rang, wow! My mother is back! I quickly went to the old wooden door and opened it. When I opened it, I saw a familiar face, it is grandmother! “Why are you here? Grandmother?” I asked, my grandmother was living in the city, she barely came here because her feet had some problems, and she couldn’t walk very far. My grandmother answered quietly, “Hello, grandson. Nice to meet you. The reason I came here is because your mother said the harvest is very poor. She will sleep there and continue to sell the things until she had enough money.” Grandmother said sadly.

“What? I thought you are mommy! When will she come back! I am worrying about her.” I cried.

“Umm… I think she will be back in about midnight.” Grandmother said. “I will go now. Bye!!”

Then, she slowly shut the door and walked away. My father said, “Okay! Go to sleep, think that your mother will come home soon, don’t worry about her.”

After that we all went to sleep. My brother went to the right part of the bed, and I slept beside him. I thought, “Is there any accident with mama? I feel like there is something bad with mama. When everyone is asleep, I will go out and find mama.”

After a while, I see my brother is asleep, and I went to my father’s bed, and I see my father’s eye was completely closed. Then, I tip-toed out of our room. I went out the old wooden house, slowly, soundless closed the door, and I ran out of the house, it is about 5 miles away between our house and the city, therefore. My bare foot is a little pain after running a long distance.

Suddenly, I felt a slightly crack! Then, my feet were too painful that I couldn’t run any more. I stopped. And thought, “Maybe I could find mama, next day…” and I slowly went back to house. I sat on the table and I was afraid, I don’t know the reason, but it was a horrible feeling.

Suddenly, I heard the door moved. I am started, my horrible feeling is real, it is a ghost!! But it wasn’t, when the door was completely opened, It was just only my mother. My mother was a little happy and a little sad, I ‘ve never seen this facial expression. Then, my mother said, “My son, why don’t you go to sleep?” I said, “ Because… Uh… nothing…”

My mother told me to go to sleep or she would beat me, I okayed my mom and went to sleep.

Crash! Ping! Pong! I jumped up from bed, and saw everyone in the room was gone, I looked at the window, “Wow! It is already morning!!”



© 2011 Jonathan


Author's Note

Jonathan
I am still working on it, next part on 10th January, 2011.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I look forward to reading the next part. This has me interested

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very good start, ye, it is, but really, i like the way you cancel some of the cabbage part ;o. I surly will read the next part when you add it, finally. I look forward to read it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The story is very interesting. I like stories from different places. Each part of the world had different ways to live and think. I like the story so far. You create strong character trying to live and understand his life. I like the ending. A very strong beginning. I look forward to reading more.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Just a couple of little English things.

You wrote "He loves cabbages than any other kind of vegetables."
Im guessing you meant "He loves cabbages MORE than any other kind of vegetables." Just left out a word.
^Just noticed after I wrote that. It sould be vegetable instead of vegetables. I don't know why it should, you are talking about more than one kind of vegetable, but English is a weird language sometimes.
^Actually, I'm not so sure any more. Yeah, better ask somone else about that. I'm confused. I've spoken English my whole life but this is confusing me.

Also "He beached at the United States of America (USA). When he beached himself, somebody saw him and called the ambulance." While it's completely correct, using the same word more than once so close together (in this case beached) is a bit unpoetic. You could say "When he came aground somebody saw him and called the ambulance." The meaning would stay the same but the sentence would feel nicer.

Other than that it's all good. Waiting for part two.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2011
Last Updated on January 9, 2011


Author

Jonathan
Jonathan

Hong Kong



About
I am Jonathan. Nice to meet all!! I like writing stories and novels... I am new, so I have not write so many things in it yet! more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Life.. Life..

A Poem by Magdelena