Revolution Conservative

Revolution Conservative

A Story by Joseph D. Smith
"

Have you ever seen militant "freaks"? You haven't seen anything yet...

"
I've always wanted to live in a place where diversity is held in highest regard, no matter how plain or freaky one might be. I've always believed that the revolution begins with diversity and that the diversity is our freedom, but not where I went...

I found a very secluded area inside of Kentucky, untouched by the norm of this particular state, usually ridden with a touch of hillbillies, but they weren't in sight. I headed towards their town square, the view of this city is absolutely blissful to the eyes! I've never seen such green vegetation... At the time I didn't want to leave, I wanted to live there. Everyone I passed looked so fresh and unique, so vibrant with style!

On my way to the square I met with a friendly gentleman, who seemed happy to see me. He wasn't like the rest of the people there... He looked very plain, like myself.

Gentleman: Hi there stranger!
Me: Hello.
Gentleman: You must be new here.
Me: Yes, actually I am. This seems like a wonderful and tolerant place.
Gentleman: Don't let this place fool you... The atmosphere seems loose, but they think people who are plain and conservative are freaks...

I knew it was too good to be true... I nodded my head and sighed with disappointment.

Gentleman: Hey! Don't fret, we have a place just for people like you and me. They gave it to us just so we wouldn't mingle with the first class citizens.

It sounded good, but it was very fishy. I followed him to this little club. We entered. I wasn't expecting to see an old run down place, especially with their way of dress. I asked the gentleman a few questions.

Me: Why is this place so run down?
Gentleman: The upper-class won't come in and fix the place. Damn b******s!
Me: Is everything here safe?
Gentleman: What do you mean?
Me: Like the drinking water, exposed wire, building maintenance?
Gentleman: Not really, we're just smart enough to stay away from the dangers. Accidents still do happen though, like people drinking the water. They usually get the wrong cup.

Sounds like an old switch-a-roo. I finally pieced together the true intentions of the upper-class... I got in the middle of the crowd and spoke up.

Me: Everyone! Listen to me!

The party stops for the moment.

Me: The upper-class has given you a false sense of security! They only gave you this place to put you in alot danger from neglect. If this place doesn't kill you then they will. You can stay if you want, but I'd rather deal with hillbillies than be neglected or abused, so see ya.

People weren't to happy with me...

Crowd: Nonsense! Get out of here!

I had no choice... I left them to die.

When I was back in the comfort of my own home, I settled down and got on the internet to read the news, but to my own discovery, the gentleman had emailed the news channel with a horrible tale that the club he went to was under investigation of a huge bomb explosion! Local law enforcement neglected to investigate, so the FBI got involved; there were no survivors, the upper-class are being questioned. Those b******s will never get me!

Those poor folks never stood a chance...

© 2011 Joseph D. Smith


Author's Note

Joseph D. Smith
Suggests unorthodox themes, only intended for teens and mature audiences. Also, this is an older version of the writing, so spelling mistakes may still be in it, so please ignore them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on June 26, 2011
Last Updated on June 26, 2011

Author

Joseph D. Smith
Joseph D. Smith

Juleokin, KY



About
I am Joseph D. Smith, I am commonly known as Julius the Jules, which is my stage name as a professional, Experimental Pop musician. Fans of Julius the Jules are known as Juleokin. I earn my income fro.. more..

Writing