Unveiling Joker

Unveiling Joker

A Poem by JR Padilla
"

Hearts of hatred, spades of loathe, clubs of hostility, and diamonds of torment.

"

I am a simple guy whom no one admires;

thus she belittled me for that sort of reason.

Little did she know that I was once a gambler just like her; I guarantee her mastery on all styles of playing, but mostly by forced luck.

My rank’s akin to a Godfather while I hid my amusement to her class as a novice, so I took pleasure on her as she bestowed admiration towards my expertise in gambling.

Despite of the drastic differences in our professionalism in gambling, I still offered her to play a game.

The game went quiet well until I heed on her playing style as well as her decisions on every cards..

and it is indeed heartbreaking to see,

a disrespectful being was she.

I surrendered plenty of my pairs but her interests are limited to mere suits,

I gave hearts but all she wanted after all were dazzling diamonds,

I risked all straights even she’s into royals, 

I offered her to become my queen but she told me she would spare it to a different king.

I provided my deck so as she could catch a glimpse of my intentions.

And guess what,

her sight was limited to hers..

What sort of game did she fancy for that an all-out-war was different to her? She told me she was fond of Russian roulette yet risking was not present to her at all.

She even told me that she frequently visits casinos but she acts as if she’s a virgin to cards. 

Perhaps time and species evolved and gambling was confused to real volition; there is a possibility that I am not a gambler but a risk taker, and she might not be as well a gambler nor a daredevil, even a name of a gamer has a zero chance of convincing.. 

It is very delightful for me to think of it if she could just tell the world that she is a cheater. 

Yes, a cheater.

So I knew it.

I knew it that that game should be the last game I'll entertain for the rest of my life.

I admired her innocence that's why I perceived it as an advantage.

But it appeared to be that I am the victim of my own experiment.

Hence it should end for I felt nothing but wrath on that moment of deceit.

Long before we admired each other on that table I took notice of something important; 

as far as my memory can remember, my vision brought itself towards the back of her cards and witnessed nothing but hostility�" hearts of hatred, spades of loathe, clubs of unfriendliness, and diamonds of torment�"along with a thunder on her face. 

The game ended normally and it could have been the final moment for me to be able to extinguish the picturesque image of defeat but I couldn't trust myself to execute the objective. 

So I will let her cards linger for a moment, 

a reminder that it is impossible to forget.

There's no four of a kind, three of a kind.. but one of a kind and that is her 

But still, thank you..

and I will think of her

I will not ignore the thoughts of her because lying to myself is the least decision that I can do.

© 2018 JR Padilla


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on January 21, 2018
Last Updated on January 21, 2018