Marlboro God

Marlboro God

A Story by JR Padilla
"

Under the clouds of this life-shortening tobacco rolled pleasure, I found my toy named death.

"

They are not aware for this pleasurable addiction called death.
Under the clouds of these life-shortening billows of tobacco, you're going to achieve it. 
Trust me.
Mr. Valentine told me once, that if I am in pain of loving you that the only affection that I frequently receive is destruction, then give your worst to me.. More of it. Of course, alternatives are intentionally biased and diminished in terms of picking the best choice for me. Unless if I consume a little bit of death to destroy these disloyal emotions that I feel.
Then it goes boom!
I am forgetting you by distorting this enthusiasm of seeing you..
Not permanently but temporarily..
and it supports me to smile the moment I realize that the odds are conforming to the likes of mine.. which I considered as a healthy emotion..
every inch of you are gradually erasing. It was as if I never knew you from the very start.
Until I deprive death inside my body.. Like nothing happened.. that's why I am so used to this stuff. Pain and Pleasure they say..
It reminds me of Mr. Stress too, he suffers from  Mood Disorder his manic state called Eustress and his depressive state Distress.. He always remind me of death when he is on the melancholic mood.. his pessimistic approach to situations are so moving. That if you can't control the situation there's only one source to confront it.. By picking a tobacco rolled stick inside your pocket and borrowing a flame inducing instrument on people around you.  If I cannot surpass my own limitation then I need to do it..
Always do it. Because it is so crucial I guess?
Aside from Mr. Stress, I also have a companion named Mr. Whiskey. He told me.. that why would people prolong the inevitability of shortened life? we should be blissful that we are alive! All of us are bestowed an opportunity to be happy for once in a while! you only die once! and you live every f*****g single day! when was the last time that you do something stupid that you started enjoying it and it became your daily routine?
Indeed. 
So let's start it. Mr. Whiskey told me that I can consume him if and only if I have death attached to my mouth.. there can be no party if there is the absence of death.
Mr. Whiskey is a prerequisite of death vice versa. Both of them are partners in crime..
I always wonder why Mr. Whiskey is so adhered to death? Is he something worthy to adhere for? Not just Mr. Whiskey but also Mr. Jack, Mr. Tequila, Mr. Napoleon Mr.Black and Mrs. Red Label.
They're so fixated to death.
They are like Mr.Everywhere. This friend of mine is so paranoid with death. It's like literally everywhere! 
Death arrives the moment you step your foot outside the door. I ask him how am I suppose to see him if I am not aware of him. He told me.. that I need to make an error of approaching someone before I find him. I should make a mistake first, then I would know him eventually. 
He told me to wait.. Just wait..
 There's no need to rush.. He is going for you.. Mr.Everywhere is so creepy. He is so preoccupied with the thoughts of death.
And my last friend's name is Mr. Life, he suffers from Dissociative Identity Disorder or also known as Multiple Personality Disorder. He has three masks and they are Ups, Middles, and Down.
Mr. Ups is so childish. He does not possess a good decision making when it comes to approaching death. I mean If he sees him, then there would be a non-stop talking to him. He is not just immature but hyperactive. Mr. Ups is a bold and exposed person. He wants to be favored and noticed. So Mr. Middles is his protector. He is the managerial personality of Mr. Life. From his own name, he guards Mr. Ups if he makes something stupid with other people especially with death. 
He brings him to hospital when over-consumed by death,
brings him to sleep if death terrifies him. 
Accompany him if he wants to play with death one more time. That's the cycle.. and last but not the least is Mr. Down.. He is always down. and it basically means that if he is down he is unpredictable. He is accustomed of looking on the floor which makes him so dangerous. One moment he stares at you and then the next. It's Goodbye.. He is so sensitive that if someone started a conversation with reference to death. Mr.Down emerges from the body of Mr.Life and then his demonic intent proceeds.  Up to this point in time, Mr. Middles is having a hard time controlling him. That bringing the word "death" in his mind should be banned for eternity.
What a friend isn't it?
They are my friends 
They have taught me a lesson that I'll never forget.
especially with death. I do not have sufficient time explaining death but if you are in a hurry and does not give a f**k on my explanation then just pick a tobacco rolled stuff contained with nicotine and light it up. 
You'll understand.
Not today nor tomorrow.. but you must not rush..
We all have different perceptions of death. It is up to you if you are ready to approach my friend,
You'll get to know him better if you will satisfy your curiousity..
To the point that your body unwittingly reclined itself..
On a bed as clear as snow with a claustrophobic aura of rigid walls.
hands of yours sheepishly holding one another above your stomach..
And you'll hear noises around you;
Fond souls crying
Faces frowning
Heaven's flailing
and second by second, realization comes.. 
that both of your lungs are disabled of producing breathe and after that he'll stare at you covering your both eyes with a gentle palming.
And of course God is not responsible for those actions.
It is my friend
Death.
He loves everyone so much that he always teach a beautiful lesson.
That the stick you enjoyed so much is  accompanied with consequences..
And yes.
That it is associated with pleasure but contaminated with pain.. 
And now you felt it. The hidden pleasures inside my friend called death.


© 2018 JR Padilla


Author's Note

JR Padilla
feel free to comment :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on January 21, 2018
Last Updated on January 21, 2018