Who I am

Who I am

A Poem by Jody Hiteshew

We all have 2 entities within us - our soul and our self. Our soul, this innermost self is so in-tune with truth, honesty and love - in needing to have and to give. Our self is this more external self - more experienced by environmental influences; yielding characteristics from spiritualistic to materialistic.

The more one can see into his self, with a desire to heal, the more that person can have his internal and external selves in synch; yielding a more solid, confident and trustworthy individual. The more out of synch one is with their selves, the more that person is inconsistent and prone to low self-esteem, which can manifest with subtle to overbearing characteristics from introverted worthlessness to egotistical self-centeredness.

Probably the most difficult thing we all face is the ability to see within ourselves. We can see our neighbor and all his faults and freely tell him what they are, but if we look into the mirror, what we see is a reversed image, getting no deeper than the surface. I know of no recipe for successfully seeing within - whether it be to close ones eyes, breathe deeply, let go and look in, or by patient and constant self evaluation of each simple daily action.

Whatever works for each of us is fine. Very few will ever be completely in synch, but if we are aware of this, and as much as we can, constructively self-criticize our self, apologize when we are wrong, learn from our mistakes and try to not repeat those mistake again, we will improve. And, make micro steps toward perfection. As subtle as it may be, at times seeming like no improvement at all, over time, we can look back and see we have improved. Others will see that in us, too.

© 2012 Jody Hiteshew


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on September 16, 2012
Last Updated on September 16, 2012